• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Bad Batteries?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@Chuggs do you have a picture of the Newmar battery wiring diagram on the side of the bay? I checked and don't have a pic but if you have one in your files and want to attach it if it would help visualize how to interconnect the batteries feel free to attach.

20160220_112413.jpg

Newmar wired separate components to different pairs. House, BIM, and Inverter... It isn't a great wiring option...and even worse once all grounds are routed to a common terminal w/shunt installation.

So, it's how it came wired...but not in my opinion a good example.

Bad photo...but the Inverter is basically wired to the top right pair, the house is wired to the lower right pair, and the BIM or Chassis interface is wired to the top left pair. I guess the bottom left pair is just waiting for something new... I think thier rational was to make it easier to connect rings to individual post and minimize stacking.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to your doodle or iCircuit @Chuggs :) And of course battery choice as when the time comes I'll be mirroring you of course!

What are your indications of batteries needing to be replaced? If your CFO is reading this and it may affect acquisition then we should go to the SCIF for secure comms. I don't need any more restraining orders from CINCHOUSE.

My RV runs solely on solar power, I have the ability to plug into shore power, but I don't have the need for it. Instead of using electrical heat for my coach, I use a 2K diesel heater, it averages 1 gallon for 12 hours of heat time, and it runs on 12 volt, so I never have to worry about running out of power before the next sunrise. I have 2 310 watt solar panels with a 30 amp MTTP charge controller with 2 200Ah AGM batteries (will soon upgrade to another 2 to the system). I can also use red diesel (farm diesel) in the heater, which cuts the fuel price in half.

Attachments

• 20200112_164626.jpg
    20200112_164626.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
Running any resistance heating element from an inverter is a big task. example:

amps.png

Your 1,500 watt heater is drawing 138 amps of DC current from 12 volt batteries.

edit...sorry, I just noticed the original post date of nearly 2 years ago.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back