Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Badgeorgiaboy

RVF Regular
I have a 1984 Revcon front wheel drive motorhome I’m trying to locate ball joints inner and outer for this vehicle can anyone help me?

Ball joints are located by the wheel and allow the wheel to move so you can turn. Do you mean tie rod ends? They are what makes the wheels turn right or left. I would think that most decent auto parts stores can locate them for you. You would probably need to know what chassis was used (Ford, GM, etc.).

I don't know what to tell you there, unless they use the same suspension that they sourced the Ford brake caliper off
of.

Ball joints are located by the wheel and allow the wheel to move so you can turn. Do you mean tie rod ends? They are what makes the wheels turn right or left. I would think that most decent auto parts stores can locate them for you. You would probably need to know what chassis was used (Ford, GM, etc.).
I meant the tire Rod ends. Sorry. I already replaced the upper ball joints. It’s the Tie rods I’m looking for no one can find them for me. The ones they have The auto parts store or much thinner and the tire rod ends are much smaller. They they are MOOG. When I did the brakes the Ford rotor work I had to have a quarter inch shaved off and it has a Ford F350 caliber. However the master brake cylinder is Chevrolet for a P 30.

how can I tell if the chassis is Ford or Chevy? I would greatly appreciate any help she’s ready to go all except for the tire rod ends I did the new bearings and new seals and everything

please help thanks

Ball joints are located above and below the axle outer CV joint. The ball joints attach the upper and lower A arms (Looks like an A) to the steering knuckle (the part the axle goes through).
ball joints recon.jpg

Here is a clear picture of the Ball Joints on a different vehicle.

A Arms baal joints.jpg

Not sure how to tell what chassis you have. Maybe someone on the motorhome side knows how to tell?

Since you know the size and thread of the current tie rod end I would go to www.rockauto.com and look up tie rod ends for a C30 Chevy or an F350 or F450 Ford and see if you can find something that matches. This website is really good about giving you detailed info and pictures so you can match parts pretty well. All you need are the length, the thread size and the hole diameter and you should be able to find one that fits. Who cares what it supposed to fit originally?? Right?

Latest resources

Back