Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Yup, happened to me this morning! I go to open the basement door for the slideout bay driver's side and it's locked. All other doors unlocked. Fortunately with the education many of us recently had on this topic I knew what happened. I got the key and the door unlocked (whew) so obviously another actuator snapped. This will be #3 I will have replaced. Fortunately I have several spares on hand as I bought a few on eBay. I recommend carrying a few of these trimark actuators when you can find them available as they are hard to find. Search for Trimark Compact Style Power Lock Actuator 550-0100

You have convinced me. I am ordering tomorrow. @Neal will the door always unlock with the key when the actuator breaks? What‘s the difference here and what happened to I think it was ARD that started this topic?

What‘s the difference here and what happened to I think it was ARD that started this topic?

In @ARD's case the cable that pulls the latch slipped out of the connector as the set screws were not properly tightened. Many of us then removed the black plastic covers on all of our doors and ensured the set screws were tight, many found loose ones. I found two of the actuators broken on mine hence why I suggested anyone under warranty to lock all basement doors and ensure they are all locked, two of mine were not locked, and do the opposite, unlock them and make sure they are unlocked, this will ensure your actuators are not broken. As long as the cable is secure then the key will work.

Does Newmar stock them? I'm sure they are at a premium if you order them but if you have a service appt set up, buy them in person and save a bunch.
On my old rig I was able to replace broken ones with cheap ones from Amazon - I think I got them 4 for $10.

Do you have a link for the best place to buy these? Thanks

Merry Christmas!!!

I don't remember if I inquired with Newmar Parts, if someone wants to give them a call and see what you find out. I found them on eBay at the time so I got them at a good price from there.

I reached out to Fredi at Newmar. I gave him the TriMark info @Neal had above. He came back with this. @Neal is this it? It doesn’t seem correct.

EDIT POST. I looked at TriMark website and they look like the attached photo. I think the info I got from Newmar might not be correct.

Price is $76.21 each. left or right.

Thank you,
Fredi Jimenez
Newmar Parts
1-866-540-9597
[email protected]

Item Number:144647

LOCK ASSY RH PWR BAGGAGE DR

https://newpar.newmarcorp.com/instance1Env99NEWMAR/html/images/144647.jpg

Item Number:144643

LOCK ASSY LH PWR BAGGAGE DR

https://newpar.newmarcorp.com/instance1Env99NEWMAR/html/images/144643.jpg

Attachments

• E03D5A98-EAEC-4B71-9A77-FA47267397FC.jpeg
    E03D5A98-EAEC-4B71-9A77-FA47267397FC.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
All you need is the actuator, it is reversible. On eBay it was approximately $20ea. You can see the two items I ordered, the 2nd item pictured had other nonsense I didn't need, it's a more complete kit for adding a lock. I did a quick search and there are not many options out there. I checked rvupgradestore.com and etrailer.com with no luck. Not sure if you can get them direct from trimark. As this is a non critical item i.e. you can still use your key to unlock and it will remain unlocked until you lock it I suggest at the price above only order when you need one. If you find cheaper ones elsewhere then get a few for spares.

Make sure if you're under warranty that you check this when you arrive at Newmar or your dealer for warranty items, do a final check of your doors. Again I'm 3 down in 2.5 years. It's cheap plastic and the tips that push/pull the rod sheer off.

ebay.png

Is this the one we should be looking for?

Robot Check

TJ

I saw that, it has a weird protrusion coming off the side, not sure it will work. I need to dig out my spare to replace the broken one. I'll get a picture and post it once I find it. As I never lose anything in this small coach I should have that picture within 24 hours! :rolleyes:

My guess at the moment is NO - that one will not work. You really need the 550-0100 Compact Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back