Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Local dealers have to have these. They must be common for RV's. @Stuart S does your shop stock them?

YES, that sure does look like it. At that price can't hurt to grab a few, they offer 30 days returns. You could also ask the seller if it's the same as the Trimark 550-0100

Only 8 available so be nice and share with the others :)

YES, that sure does look like it. At that price can't hurt to grab a few, they offer 30 days returns. You could also ask the seller if it's the same as the Trimark 550-0100

Only 8 available so be nice and share with the others :)
Since there were only 8 available, I ordered 2 and will return them if they don't look like they will work. Also asked seller if they were same as TriMark 550-0100 and will report what I hear back.

TJ

I think the info I got from Newmar might not be correct.

I called Fredi at Newmar. You cannot buy the actuator by itself. You have to buy the whole lock assembly with the actuator as in my post earlier.

Since there were only 8 available, I ordered 2 and will return them if they don't look like they will work. Also asked seller if they were same as TriMark 550-0100 and will report what I hear back.

Maybe ask the seller if there are more coming too when you hear from them.

I called Fredi at Newmar. You cannot buy the actuator by itself. You have to buy the whole lock assembly with the actuator as in my post earlier.

"From Newmar" is the key. The same thing occurs with the Kwikee step motor replacement. From Newmar you buy a kit that's $350'ish, on Amazon you can get just the motor from $80. Newmar Parts is a last resort always!

I found my actuators. Looks like I bought two of the wrong ones (probably from Amazon) at the time I was looking for replacements. Definitely not the right style. One without the protruding cylinder is the Trimark (correct) one.

IMG_1161.pngIMG_1162.png

Local dealers have to have these. They must be common for RV's. @Stuart S does your shop stock them?
No we do not, we are a warranty only shop.
I personally stock a few in my spare parts.

Here's a picture of the one I ordered via eBay

gallery
New-compact-door-lock-actuator-fits-most-cars-2-wire-DLA-02

And, the one @Neal posted as the correct one...

1577213989401.png

I don't know...looks pretty close, but sometimes "pretty close" isn't good enough. We'll see when they get here.

BTW, the seller didn't know if his was a substitute for the TriMark 550-0100.

TJ

The one on my wet bay is intermittent, sometimes it unlocks, sometimes just makes noise. Haven't checked it out yet, but sounds like I should get replacement to have on hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back