RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Bay Star Sport 3008
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2009 Honda CRV
I am purchasing a 2021 Bay Star Sport 3008 tomorrow. I love the coach and quality but am disappointed in the small fire escape window. At the rear of the bedroom is a large window next to the ladder. Seems to me to be a perfect fire escape. Has anyone converted the window to a fire escape? Thank you. I look forward to learning more about Newmar on this forum. This will be our 5th RV and we always use the forums.

On my last coach, that large window was the emergency escape. However, after considering your question, I am wondering if that was wise. That window is directly over the hitch. If there is nothing there, there is no problem. For me, my bikerack is always attached to the hitch. Those who pul a toad, likely have the associated apparatus attached to the hitch. If one needed to exit over the attached apparatus, I can imagine some very uncomfortable landings and injuries from rapid contact with such.

The smaller window on the side, I agree, is more difficult to exit, but one’s path to the ground would likely be unobstructed. Unfortunately, I don’t know that a 300 l person could fit through it.I guess nothing is perfect for all people.

Congratulations on your new rig. Hopefully, you will never have to use an escape window.

Latest resources

Back