RV Length
37’
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
None
Has anyone braced the part of the King bed that overhangs the box on the sides? There seems to be some flexing here when sleeping on the edge of the bed. This seems to be more exaggerated on the bottom section - the section that opens.

Do you have a standard King mattress or an RV size?

Do you have a standard King mattress or an RV size?
Weird size 76x 80 I think. However there is a largre overhang onbothe sides of the bed, maybe 18 inches or more on either side which is just a piece of plywood, unsupported on the outside edge. The bedding is heavey aklso, 2 1/2 inch faom topper and 2 in pillow topper cover.

Mine doesn’t flex one bit.

Mine doesn't either.

Weird size 76x 80 I think. However there is a largre overhang onbothe sides of the bed, maybe 18 inches or more on either side which is just a piece of plywood, unsupported on the outside edge. The bedding is heavey aklso, 2 1/2 inch faom topper and 2 in pillow topper cover.
How thick is the plywood? If you replaced the mattress with a heavier one you may need to add support to the existing plywood or get a stronger piece. Keep in mind that wood grain direction will effect rigidity. A thin piece of plywood laid one way may flex, but rotate it 90 deg and there may be no or little flex.

Have to go measure the thickness. It is what Newmar puts in the Baystar.

Not sure how you could support the over hang portion but I bet using thicker plywood underneath would help. 3/4" thick at least. And it needs to be plywood not particle board.

Latest resources

Back