• Commercial/Vendors welcome

belt and tensioner change

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I want to thank all those who replied to my belt, coolant pump and tension change on my Forza. It also took 6 gallons of coolant and a new air filter canister. I used all Gates parts and a Baldwin filter. I used Napa heavy duty coolant, same pinkish red color that was in it. I removed air filter box and piping. There was a longer pipe I removed also, after cooler?. 3 pieces of support steel and a tensioner of sorts that bolted to the radiator. I could then sit it an open area which allowed me to reach into work area. Was easy to use 1/2 long handle ratchet to release tension. I unhooked wire going to fan blade assembly and took out the 1/4 20 bolt. I then slipped the belt over the fan. I took a plastic storage bin and placed under water pump. 2 bolts and pump was off. drained the 5 or 6 gallons into the tub. Removed tensioner and reinstalled all the parts. this took me about 12 hrs over 2 days. Using the same procedure as the Youtube video. The metric flex head wrenches and long 1/4" extensions helped quite a bit. In all I was in for right at $425 in parts. I loosely installed old air filter , upside down, so I could start the engine and check my work. saved about $700 in labor. I feel this is a 1 man job due to the limited space. Once again thanks.

Great information - thanks for the update

Ugg!! I think most shops would remove radiator?? Just thinking of trying to work on changing that stuff where its located would be tough!! I have the rear radiator as well!! Certainly would be a much faster job with the side mount!!

Latest resources

Back