• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Best gym membership for RVers?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We have a family membership at the YMCA, which is supposedly good at 95% of locations. I’ve only used it at the local Y for swimming.

I completely forgot about the Y but it seems Planet Fitness has a good thing going, if only I can make me the one going!

I completely forgot about the Y but it seems Planet Fitness has a good thing going, if only I can make me the one going!
isn’t chasing Elli enough exercise for you?

The Planet Fitness Black card membership is free with Medicare advantage. Many other gyms are free also but not as prevalent of locations.

isn’t chasing Elli enough exercise for you?
Miss Elli is 3 going on 10. I went to check on the RV in the storage location, she couldn't be bothered from her nap. As I got to the RV I got a deck cam notification and see was out sunning on the deck instead of coming with me. She says she has no time for me on her schedule.

Miss Elli is 3 going on 10. I went to check on the RV in the storage location, she couldn't be bothered from her nap. As I got to the RV I got a deck cam notification and see was out sunning on the deck instead of coming with me. She says she has no time for me on her schedule.
A bit of change from that first year or two it sounds like to me.

A bit of change from that first year or two it sounds like to me.
Yes, thankfully. She is an absolute sweetheart now.

One can do a lot of exercises using body weight. Various types Pushups, crunches, planking. And a couple of well picked sets of dumbbells can pick up the rest of the slack. That and maybe a band or two. Walmart has everything. I hate gyms, but wife and I do 45 minutes of resistance training every second day and 20 minutes of abs and cardio on the days we don’t do resistance training. I hate gyms.

I carried a dumbbell which held the bathroom tile down for years. I have resistance bands which kept dust out of one of my drawers, umm, for years. I need to do something! Lifting donuts has not improved my biceps one bit!

I carried a dumbbell which held the bathroom tile down for years. I have resistance bands which kept dust out of one of my drawers, umm, for years. I need to do something! Lifting donuts has not improved my biceps one bit!
If you get the ones with a jelly centre they are heavier. So better for resistance training. 😊.

We are both in our 60’s. Its hard to stay motivated at first, but the endorphins release gets addictive after a month or so and you can’t stop after that. We have been at it for years now and couldn’t stop if we wanted to. 😊.

Me on my 61st first birthday last month. It kind of becomes a religion. We lift every second day.

37A46D0B-670E-40D2-BF50-17A89C7D7C19.png

Latest resources

Back