• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Best gym membership for RVers?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
It all comes down to time management (priorities) and habit patterns. Aka lifestyle and that's why I know I need to change. Looking great...keep up the great work!

It all comes down to time management (priorities) and habit patterns. Aka lifestyle and that's why I know I need to change. Looking great...keep up the great work!
Wishing you good luck on your fitness journey.

Just remember, don’t get thin, get strong. Walk past the treadmills in the gym and pick up a weight. That’s the first step.

Gitterdun Neal. 💪💪💪

Thank you. The main reason I joined the gym is I am in desperate need of cardio. I have a home gym (don't ask how much it's been used) which is for weights and exercises such as for my weak back (bad spasm in mid 90's). I thought of fulfilling a bucket list item in going skiing in Colorado this winter and realized I have the cardio to get off the lift and that's about it! Computers are the worst thing ever for health! I don't think I can run again as I had my meniscus removed in one knee (thank you pickleball) so I have to see how a treadmill goes for extended fast walks. I do walk Elli daily and multiple times a day when out in the RV. Good thing about Planet Fitness is not only the locations but no commitment so if it doesn't work out I'm not stuck. I hate feeling trapped. Maybe a lifestyle change will inspire me to use the things I have in the RV for fitness and keep on going. When I'm happy with what I see in the mirror such as you found then I hope I can continue it. I have work to do in all aspects!

Thank you. The main reason I joined the gym is I am in desperate need of cardio. I have a home gym (don't ask how much it's been used) which is for weights and exercises such as for my weak back (bad spasm in mid 90's). I thought of fulfilling a bucket list item in going skiing in Colorado this winter and realized I have the cardio to get off the lift and that's about it! Computers are the worst thing ever for health! I don't think I can run again as I had my meniscus removed in one knee (thank you pickleball) so I have to see how a treadmill goes for extended fast walks. I do walk Elli daily and multiple times a day when out in the RV. Good thing about Planet Fitness is not only the locations but no commitment so if it doesn't work out I'm not stuck. I hate feeling trapped. Maybe a lifestyle change will inspire me to use the things I have in the RV for fitness and keep on going. When I'm happy with what I see in the mirror such as you found then I hope I can continue it. I have work to do in all aspects!
Sounds like you have the right frame of mind.

So if cardio is important consider a crossfit approach. This is essentially a new word describing the circuit training we all use to do in the military. So instead of doing 3 sets of curls with 2 minutes between each set, you simply go from one lift to another with maybe 10 seconds of rest between each set. Pick your favourite 10 lifts. Curls, dead lifts , tricep, push-ups etc. Go as fast as it takes to keep your heart in the target zone. No faster. You’ll be lightening the amount of weight you use on every exercise so you can increase the number of reps to 15 or 20 as opposed to 8 or 12. You’ll get your cardio, save your knee and hip joints and increase your strength and muscle mass. Wife and I do this every third month for a month. Keeps the cardio up and gives the joints and tendons a break. 20 minutes is all you need but consider warming up with 5 to ten minutes of abs and core (planking etc). It will get the heat rate up a bit first so there is no cardio shock. Also eat a banana 30 minutes before you start so you don’t run out of steam.

Give it a shot.

I find gym folks amusing. I lost forty-four pounds litterally running and walking around the area where the YMCA was. Upper body, push ups, shovelling snow, raking 62 bags of leaves, etc. All for free. 😎

I carried a dumbbell which held the bathroom tile down for years. I have resistance bands which kept dust out of one of my drawers, umm, for years. I need to do something! Lifting donuts has not improved my biceps one bit!
Walk with dumbells. Lift them up and down while watching tv. Attatch the bands to you captains chair or hitch bar and pull for 15 min, each day.
Limit the diet to 1800 cal per day - 2000, if you walk 2 miles a day.

Btw, wrong kind of donuts.😂

Great idea! I'm going to walk the 20 miles to Krispy Kreme! Woohoo...

I'm really baffled by the obesity in America. What has happened to our food and I also realize "the computer" is a big part of this.

Great idea! I'm going to walk the 20 miles to Krispy Kreme! Woohoo...

I used to stop at KK for a donut and coffee during bike rides occasionally. But my rule was that I had to ride at least 40 miles to get there. That location was ten miles from home.

Latest resources

Back