Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

danelredki

RVF Newbee
We are new RV owners. Just purchased a 2022 Thor Tellaro, Class B coach. We are looking to add on a satellite antenna to get TV programing when not in an RV park (is that called "boondocking"??)
Does Direct TV offer such equipment? All I can find online is Dish and a variety of oddball antennas?
Any recommendations of what type of equipment would be best would be greatly appreciated.

This antenna is worth looking at. We have been very happy with its performance for many years now. As for provider, I think the consensus is Dish is the best for rvers.

This antenna is worth looking at. We have been very happy with its performance for many years now. As for provider, I think the consensus is Dish is the best for rvers.

2X on both comments. The RF Mogul is better than the Traveller (my second choice)

I still feel that the best all around TV antenna for the RV is the KING Jack Directional Over-the-Air HDTV Antenna, which has a powerful little antenna that provides long range signal acquisition, simple and fast point Giraldi direction finder for optimal reception.
check this link to know more details about more best RV antenna options.

My 2 cents, don't mount it to the top of the motor home. Just get the stand or set it on the ground. You have no idea where you might park in an RV Park. Under a tree?

Latest resources

Back