Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Best slide toppers for 2017 Newmar Ventana?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Along the lines of tires, batteries, windows, oh my...it's coming time for new slide toppers, dare I say awning. Toppers have threads coming out or are out, tears, etc. so it's time for replacing in the next year or two and hopefully with something better. What are the suggested replacements these days?

I replaced my full wall slide topper last year with a topper from Tough Top Awnings and its a much better quality than the OEM crap. It was a DIY project with the help of two friends. I was on the slide-out roof pulling the topper, one person on a ladder feeding the topper into the channel and another on the ground holding the topper just to give the ladder person some help. Tough Top Awnings - Replacement, Slide Topper and RV Awning Fabric

@Neal I don't know if this is the "best" but I put this on the FWS on my 15 Ventana and really liked the product. Heavy Duty & No thread. I'm thinking about replacing the FWS topper on my Dutchstar with the same product to see if I can reduce the water pooling on the slide out roof.

Not to confuse the issues even more, but mine are doing the same thing and I took one to my local auto upholstery guy and he said the material was good for another 15 years and it just needed to be restitched with better thread. So it cost me around $75. He also said that tne material, Sunbrella I believe, is far superior to any vinyl topper products.

Not to confuse the issues even more, but mine are doing the same thing and I took one to my local auto upholstery guy and he said the material was good for another 15 years and it just needed to be restitched with better thread. So it cost me around $75. He also said that tne material, Sunbrella I believe, is far superior to any vinyl topper products.
Okay, good to know. How did you remove them to get them repaired? Maybe just re-stitching is a good option I hadn't considered. No pump for @Texas Clodhopper

Its a bit involved and a two person job, but here are all the manuals:

Edit:

Well that didn’t seem to work but if you email Carefree they will send you pdf copies that you can actually open and read. Or if you pm an email addy to me can forward the email with all the pdf’s.

Interesting note: in edit mode I can open and read all the manuals. Once saved I can’t.

Nenayre Keita
Customer Service Agent
Carefree of Colorado
2145 W 6th Ave
Broomfield, CO 80020
[email protected]

Attachments

• 052590-001r2 SOK Canopy Replacement.pdf
    312.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 052520-301r8 SOKIII-and-Summit-Service-Manual.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 19
  • 052553-301r6 Ascent-Service-Manual.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 070017-301r4 Alpine-Slideout-Cover-Service-Manual.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 052559-301r4 Slideout Cover Service Manual.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Go to the Tough Top website and they have videos on how to remove and replace.

RichW

they will open now at least for me.

RichW

they will open now at least for me.
When I try to open them I just get a first page or table of contents, but the actual PDFs I tried to load are multi-page manuals. Which are you seeing?

Latest resources

Back