Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Bigr

RVF Regular
Good morning. Someone told me there was an app we can use while traveling that shows or has a “Circle” around a mapped area with RV parks that we can find to spend the the night without having to book a site in advance. We are planning to go to Montana next summer and the drive will take four days. Some days we will drive further based on traffic and it would be nice to find a place while on the road to maximize our drive time. Any suggestions? Thank you

There are subscriptions and freebie apps. 2 of my favorite freebie apps for phone/tablet/laptop use are: RVParky and Campendium. There are many more.

My personal favorite is AllStays. It allows me to filter the campground by type of campground (state park, COE, etc) as well as by service (FHU, big rig, etc).

Good morning. Someone told me there was an app we can use while traveling that shows or has a “Circle” around a mapped area with RV parks that we can find to spend the the night without having to book a site in advance. We are planning to go to Montana next summer and the drive will take four days. Some days we will drive further based on traffic and it would be nice to find a place while on the road to maximize our drive time. Any suggestions? Thank you
Just be aware that you may not find vacancies for last-minute stops, especially during the peak RV travel season. Montana is a pretty popular RV destination and things tend to book up early. And, surprisingly (or maybe not), the pandemic situation has put more RVers on the road, making it even harder to find parks with vacancies during popular travel times.

TJ

Latest resources

Back