RV Model
Red 33 AA
RV Length
35 ft
TOW/TOAD
2017 Jeep Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Hi Guys: The other night I was watching a program called the RV'ers on Netflix. It was about a travel trailer called BLACK made for traveling on rough roads in the back country. It was LOADED with a lot of different amenities. It had 4 wheel independent suspension, a huge beefed up frame, it sat high off the ground with two backup spare tires on the back. It had 4 solar panels on the roof feeding a host of Battle Born Batteries. They said they could run both air conditioners at the same time without a generator. It even had a small washer inside. It also had a pull out stove that you could use out side. They have a bunch of different sizes from 14 to 21 feet. The 21 footer only weighed 9700 lbs.

The whole idea was to go camping in way out of the way places where you would take a 4 wheeler and have your camper with you. If I ever was to downsize this would be a very intriguing idea. This would be true boon docking in the wilderness.

What do you think, would you do this...??

HH

Yeah they re not cheap by any means. But..... there is always a but, if people are willing to pay $275K.......$400K....and even $500K for mid size Class A motorhome, you think they would not go $75K for a 21 ft unique Travel Trailer that could go where no other RV can?

Before I got into glamping, I used to see these pictures of an RV besides a beautiful glistening lake with the majestic mountains in the back ground, and no one else around. With a caption that says something like, become one with nature and leave the hustle & hassle behind. This I found out is a myth on the east coast. Places like this just didn't seem to exist. But maybe out west. I do know Colorado, Montana, and Wyoming have some very wild places for an RV to visit. And the price for admission is FREE.

Alas it is probably to late in the game for me, but if I was 20 years younger I would give it a shot. I still use my ATV and hit some really rugged out of the way trails into the mountains. But no RV or even a 4 wheel truck would ever get there....LOL

HH

I don’t see the show on Netflix. Somewhere else perhaps?

Don't feel the romance!!!

Oops you are right it is not Netflix my mistake. It is a TV series that I found. I have dish network. If you have Dish Go to the SEARCH menu a and type it in. Again it is called The RV'rs

Latest resources

Back