Adventurer
RV Length
Chassis
Chevy P30
Engine
454 Vortac
Fulltimer
Yes
On our 97 adventurer when the black water valve is open the the grey water comes out of the black water as well and when the grey tank valve is open nothing comes out. could the two have been combined? Also the tank #1 black water, level on the panel always shows full, any thoughts on what's happening here?

Yes, there was some talk about this on another web site I frequent! There is a good possibility that your bathroom sink and/or tub water might be going into the black tank. You will need to investigate it further.

and when the grey tank valve is open nothing comes out.
This is the part that would concern me. Are you saying that when you leave the gray water valve open, nothing comes out when you use the kitchen sink, bathroom sink or shower? What about when you close the gray water valve and use those things; does water come out when you re-open the valve? We need a little clarification here.

TJ

If I was faced with this situation, I would find the time and place to do some deep investigation. In my terms, that would mean to dump all tanks. Empty, empty, empty. Then, I would singularly go to each device that has a drain and run several gallons of water. One drain at a time. I might even put some various colors of food coloring. After accumulating several gallons from the first drain, I would then open the tank dump valves (one at a time) to see where it came from. Record my findings, close the dump valve and move to the next drain. Tedious, but the real way to know what goes where.

Last edited:
I agree with Randy. You will have to start from scratch and assume nothing is as advertised. Apparently, either for convenience or due to poor design, some RV's were plumbed to put the gray water in a bathroom into the black tank. In order to find out, do what Randy suggests.

On our 97 adventurer when the black water valve is open the the grey water comes out of the black water as well and when the grey tank valve is open nothing comes out. could the two have been combined? Also the tank #1 black water, level on the panel always shows full, any thoughts on what's happening here?
You can get a plumbing map on the Winnebago site. I know in my Travato the sink in the back goes to the blackwater. You should get gray from the kitchen sink for sure.

My 2019 View has a pump that uses the grey water to rinse out the blackwater tank. The grey water valve is closed during camping until you drain the black water tank or if it gets full.

Latest resources

Back