• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Breakfast planning

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
One of my favorite breakfasts is Burritos. I cook up a LB of sausage (heat per your choice), a LB of bacon and a 1 LB bag of shredded potatoes to which I add Onions, Garlic, Peppers of all kind and heat. Then I scramble and cook up at least 8 eggs, maybe a DZ. I add the sausage and bacon back into the potatoes when they are done, to warm it back up. I buy the biggest tortillas I can find, usually 10" at the grocery store and I steam the tortilla until warmed through on both sides. I set up a fab site and take the tortilla off the heat, add cheese and then scoop a portion of the potato/meat and one slice of bacon plus a scoop of eggs onto the tortilla, add more cheese to the top and roll it up.
The tortillas come in pkg of 10, so I make 10 burritos. I have one each morning (nuked) or mix up a different mix of food - yogurt, english muffins with jalapeno/strawberry jam, etc. I really love the Burritos though. Yum!

Are eggs good or bad this week?

Eggs are good, like beer, in moderation they help you but in excess they hurt. Find some of the omega 3 eggs and you can up your count for moderation. Find eggs that are truly free-range and you're really good to go.

Actually despite what society has been saying about bacon for the last forever years it's comprised of only about 45% saturated fat, the rest is good fat and protein.

One of my favorite breakfasts is Burritos. I cook up a LB of sausage (heat per your choice), a LB of bacon and a 1 LB bag of shredded potatoes to which I add Onions, Garlic, Peppers of all kind and heat. Then I scramble and cook up at least 8 eggs, maybe a DZ. I add the sausage and bacon back into the potatoes when they are done, to warm it back up. I buy the biggest tortillas I can find, usually 10" at the grocery store and I steam the tortilla until warmed through on both sides. I set up a fab site and take the tortilla off the heat, add cheese and then scoop a portion of the potato/meat and one slice of bacon plus a scoop of eggs onto the tortilla, add more cheese to the top and roll it up.
The tortillas come in pkg of 10, so I make 10 burritos. I have one each morning (nuked) or mix up a different mix of food - yogurt, english muffins with jalapeno/strawberry jam, etc. I really love the Burritos though. Yum!
When I had my farm I made burritos out of almost any leftovers I had after dinner, vacuum sealed them for easy food. It didn't matter if it was leftover burgers or asian dish. It was all good wrapped up. The kids loved them.

Some people say that you can't eat the same thing every day for breakfast, for instance. When you are working for a living for a company everything was timed - you gave yourself 10 minutes for breakfast before you headed to work, or took it with you to eat on the drive. The company gave you 30 - 60 minutes for lunch and dinner was up to your timing. Burritos were good for the 10 min allowance. I made and ate a salad for lunch every day for the last 6-7 years of employment (when I wasn't on the road) , I added chicken or some protein to it and was happy for my 30 minutes - also had an Apple or Orange for desert. The 30 mins was more for visiting with co-workers.

Some people say that you can't eat the same thing every day for breakfast, for instance. When you are working for a living for a company everything was timed - you gave yourself 10 minutes for breakfast before you headed to work, or took it with you to eat on the drive. The company gave you 30 - 60 minutes for lunch and dinner was up to your timing. Burritos were good for the 10 min allowance. I made and ate a salad for lunch every day for the last 6-7 years of employment (when I wasn't on the road) , I added chicken or some protein to it and was happy for my 30 minutes - also had an Apple or Orange for desert. The 30 mins was more for visiting with co-workers.
From what I've learned I think that saying is more of a push for variety. Humans need a lot of different vitamins and nutrients so you had a better chance of getting those if you varied your diet. Most of the things we need don't have to be eaten every day to keep us healthy.

We (wife and I) find that the longer we're out, the more consuming (see what I did there?) our meals/ planning become. First day... toast and coffee. Then, "Hey, did you bring...?" Then, "Let's stop and get..." Each meal gets more elaborate than the last.

By the end of the week, we're cutting up post-it notes to dress the crown of lamb with those little paper hats that go on the bones.

Ok, but seriously...

I guess what I was getting at is if you're on a timer, eating the same thing every day (with little changes) during those timed meals, is ok. As long as it is good tasting and healthy, its a good deal.
If you had 30 mins and had to go find a meal in that time, the odds are that the meal found was bad for you. I did have a favorite butcher that I would go to every few weeks and get a fresh sandwich and something else like chips, spud salad, coleslaw, etc - wonderful change

Last edited:
Concur. I'm a working man. While meals become more involved when time allows, we also carry cold cereal and canned soup for when it doesn't :(.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back