• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park, Part 3

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Still no leaves on the trees, so get a green marker and put a bunch of dots on the screen. :) Anyhow, lots of progress over the last week or so. If I were following the typical model, there is enough room up here for 10 or more sites. I'm putting in 4. Each site will have beautiful long range views and I've positioned the sites to where they are visible to their neighbors, but not offensively so.

We should start seeing some greenery pretty soon, and then these sites will really "POP". :)

View attachment 17974View attachment 17973
View attachment 17975
View attachment 17976
View attachment 17977
View attachment 17979View attachment 17978
View attachment 17980
View attachment 17981
View attachment 17982
Glad it dried out for you. We are starting to see leaves here finally.

The sawmill and Dragon are enough to make me want to visit.

I had a feeling someone else on bere was bound to have a sawmill. I bought my Wood-Mizer two years ago right before prices went crazy. It's allowed me to cut way down on what I'm paying for wood to make projects. Now I've sawn up pretty much all the logs I care to cull from my property and I need to find another reliable source. I see walnut on marketplace occasionally and people are asking 10-15× the log value, mostly because they don't know exactly what they have. My mill is also all manual and can be quite the workout stabbing several 2000lb+ logs. I also have to roll them off the trailer then onto the mill so often I'm whooped before I even start sawing.

I had a feeling someone else on bere was bound to have a sawmill.
I too have wondered the same thing, good to meet a fellow sawyer! I wanted a Wood Mizer, but the price break pushed me to Norwood. I didn't like that the Norwood saws don't come reassembled though. :confused: Took me a week to put it all together, but at the end of the assembly process, I knew my saw intimately and trouble shooting issues wasn't a problem.

Mine will cut a max of 31" diameter slab, and in some cases it's necessary to trim the log a bit to get it to fit. As is the case in this pic. But while it's a job, it fulfilling at the same time.

153104200_3853049658083918_3618637113346782173_n.jpg

I consider one of my finer moments being when I learned the proper technique of coiling/uncoiling a bandsaw blade without cutting my arm off! :) For those who haven't done this, I am attaching a video. Credits to Dave in the video, who is also a ham radio buff and a real nice guy I met on an HF net awhile back.

At your place in SC?
Yes, we are back in SC. replacing the kitchen wood floors.While we were gone for 2 months, the ice line to the fridge leaked. I am going to install a shut off from the half of the house my daughter gets water from. You look like you're having more fun than me!

Took the letters from yesterday and built a foundation to put them on, and now we have a sign to replace the one that self-destructed the end of last year. This one is built better and should hold up for years to come.

dscn1087-jpg.18014

DSCN1091.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN1091.JPG
    DSCN1091.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 4
Took the letters from yesterday and built a foundation to put them on, and now we have a sign to replace the one that self-destructed the end of last year. This one is built better and should hold up for years to come.

dscn1087-jpg.18014

View attachment 18025
Now THAT’S nice! (Much improved over the initial post)

I Love this forum! I stumbled across this thread and clicked on the web address www.deerspringsrvpark.com WOW! It's now a reality and gets a perfect 10 on Campground Reviews. We're heading that way in early fall and hope to secure a site for a week.

I Love this forum! I stumbled across this thread and clicked on the web address www.deerspringsrvpark.com WOW! It's now a reality and gets a perfect 10 on Campground Reviews. We're heading that way in early fall and hope to secure a site for a week.
Hey neighbor! We're just up the road a piece in Garden Ridge. I made reservations for Deer Springs for July two months ago and at that time the sites were filling quickly so I suggest firming up your plans for the fall sooner than later. Safe travels.

Latest resources

Back