Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
i happened to notice that one of my basement lights is out. What kind of bulbs go into those fixtures if anyone knows?

@Chuggs came up with a great idea when we were at the FMCA rally and switched the bulbs to LED which of course I followed suit. Mega bright, instant tan version. I'm not sure if he knows the part number or maybe has a link to what we installed.

I ended up buying the LED strips they use in the King Aires at one of the rallies (our DS had a couple with the rest being incandescent in the small white and clear housing) and replaced all the smaller lights. Made a big difference!

Here is what @Chuggs discovered at the FMCA Rally and I followed suit replacing all of mine with as well. They come in different brightnesses, these are the brightest, they are retina burning bright :) I don't see any writing on them to help find them, I'll keep looking and if I can find them I'll reply.

IMG_1290.png

With slide-out trays in all the storage bays, I have never used our bay lights. Guess I need to turn them on one of these days to see what I've been missing.

TJ

Maybe you will see those light bulb at Quartzsite at a vendor booth..

It has been my unfortunate experience that these light fixtures can have any number of bulb types installed. The best way to be sure is to pull a bulb and examine it. If the bulb was installed by a manufacturer it will have printing designating the type.
It might be a bayonet or wedge base. If you are concerned about the color, that is measured in kelvin. 4,000 - 5,000 kelvin is closest to incandescent bulbs. If you want a light that replicates a parking lot, 6,500 kelvin and above. If you get too high a kelvin, 8,000+ the light will be bluish. Posted below is the bulb types available from etrailer as an example of types only. Bulbs I typically buy from a specialty lighting store in order to be sure it is a proper match and high quality.

1578593163985.png

Huh...I have led strips

Latest resources

Back