• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Buying direct from PTL?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@TJ&LadyDi , Great work on your research. I also am very disappointed in your experience with them, as like others noting on this thread, I had the opposite experience. Hopefully PTL realizes they lost there most valuable employee. Get your hinge and run. bobnjill410

Well, there has been a positive development. I just received notification from PTL that the the part has been shipped via FedEx and giving me a tracking number. Checking with FedEx, the package has been picked up and is on the way. It is scheduled for delivery on Friday, July 10.

So, it appears that someone at PTL actually did expedite the shipment. That sure beats "that's not gonna happen!" My suspicion is that the guy who took the original order was responsible for expediting it. THANK YOU!

While it was shipped FedEx Ground rather than 2nd Day as requested, three days is OK. The part was billed out at $85.09 as shown on their parts page and shipping was billed at $23 for a total of $108.09. That's still less than half of what Newmar was asking. Now, in fairness, the Newmar price does include shipping at no additional charge.

TJ

UPDATE!

The replacement door check arrived today and has been installed. It is nice not to have to manually control the door swing when entering and exiting the coach.

It was an easy install, once I figured out the proper part orientation. There are several possible orientations, but the photos I took before removing the broken parts helped get things oriented correctly.

So, despite some early ups-and-downs, PTL delivered the part within a week of my placing the order. And, after a few minutes of work with a Phillips screwdriver, we were back in business. Things ended well.

TJ

Latest resources

Back