• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Buying used from dealer

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Just completed an inspection this week with a certified inspector in AZ. Two man team and they were onsite with the RV for 8.5 hours, 122 page report with pics. It is worth the expense to know what you are getting yourself into, and I am much more confident in my soon to be purchase.
How much did an intense inspection like that cost ?

I really like the modifications you made. It's reassuring to hear that ur very satisfied with Forest River. How do u feel about the V10 ?
I have no complaints about the engine, either. I did add a tuner to help keep the RPMs down a little bit and am happy with the power and economy.
We tow a 14’ box trailer with two road bikes in it, around 3500 lbs tow weight and have had no issues going up or down hills. On the 2-lane roads, we average about 7 mpg, 6 in the interstate.

How much did an intense inspection like that cost ?
The one we had done on our new Superstar last December was right around $1500.

About the same depth of reporting and time required that Scott mentioned.

We used a husband and wife that are both master certified inspectors.

Great story and advice. Like to buy private but I haven't come up with many good sites, any advice on that ? Thx
It seems like 98% of what I see is on FB marketplace with the other 2% being on craigslist. I'm not seeking anything on rvtrader or the like so I can't speak to what they might offer.

My inspection came to just under 1K, and included some fluid analysis, I should have that back this week

My inspection came to just under 1K, and included some fluid analysis, I should have that back this week
Just curious about what you are looking at for a replacement?

Not quite finalized but looking at a pre def King Aire.

Is it normal that a vin# comes up 2021 but the RV is being sold as a 2022 ? I was told the vin goes according to when the chassis is built, is that just bull ? Is this really a 2021 ?

Yes that’s normal and its also quite common for the chassis to be one modle year older. I had a 2010 Bay Star that was on a 2008 chassis. My 2016 Ventana is on a 2015 chassis. But its titled based on the model year of the coach. Look at the title to determine the model year.

Latest resources

Back