• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Call me crazy, new engine.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
There is a place called National Cylinder Head in Orlando Fl. They rebuild/exchange engines pretty much like an assembly line. Everything gets replaced, then tested on test benches and tuned before given to the customer. Years ago when I lived down there I had a small block GM engine in my Sea Ray blow. I pulled it out and gave it to them and in about 3 days it was completly rebuilt with replaced heads because of cracks they found for about $800 with 6 months warranty on marine engines and 1 year for auto. Now that was many years ago so price would definitely be higher. They also have a big shop there if you want them to do the work. A friend of mine used them not too long ago so they are still around. I believe the son now owns it.

I don’t know about the quality of there work today, but back then I was happy.
I'll ask the mechanic to check that out. I believe he's looking at options for me.

Factory remanufactured or crate engine or you better know exactly who is doing the rebuilding which normally means a patch job. So far I have not saw any rebuilt engines, tranny, differential or transfer cases hold up. That's just a hoax to get your money and cheap out. Also you will have strict guide lines to follow to get your warranty. I have denied most warranties for customers cheeping out and not replacing the entire cooling system. Number one engine failure is running hot, also you will need new oil pump, engine oil cooler, radiator, t stat ,heater core, all hoses, all engine pulleys belt tensioner and belts. One old part failure on the cooling system and no warranty on the new engine. Buy only new factory OEM parts not remanufactured parts they are junk and will kill the new engine. Reman water pump cost the last guy a extra 5000.00 for 2nd new engine and engine oil cooler again. After you figure the total cost it does not seem so good to do. You got to be in the ten grand range. Only you can decide if its worth it.

Latest resources

Back