RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
Today I pulled the large slide out tray from the second bin. Being a 37', we don't have the passthrough tray like larger coaches have, just a one side large tray. I've been thinking of doing this to gain more usable storage and was surprised to see just how much room was used up by the tray and mechanism, not to mention the weight reduction. Sorry the second pic is after packing up again. I fit everything originally there plus almost emptied another bin with room to spare.
20210116_100905.jpg
20210116_143712.jpg

Absolutely. This has been discussed before, somewhere, that YES these slides eat up a lot of room. You have to balance accessibility with storage space. I know some with larger coaches will put a slideout tray in only one of the pass throughs and no tray in the other for this very reason. As I don't have a high chassis rail I actually should consider removing mine too. The tray causes more problems than it solves due to the lower chassis rail.

We have the same one in our mid-passenger side just before the pegboard bay and opposite the oasis. The only reason I got it at all was so the kids could pull out all their toys without bothering me. Allows them to pull the whole slide out, get what they want and shove it back in.

I did have a thought once that one could build a sweet little outdoor kitchen on one of they wanted though. You’d probably want to modify the door to lift bus-style instead of swing open if you were going to do that but it could be quite nice. Build a holder for a big green egg, a small stainless countertop, maybe a mini fridge.

stupid kid’s toys...

Latest resources

Back