Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tnedator

RVF Supporter
Need to lock and then unlock AT&T SIM so I can then use in Peplink router. Can I enter a PUK via peplink? I'm seeing where I can enter a SIM code. Do I put unlock in same place.

If your SIM PIN is not working in the pepwave you need to use the Mobley device with PUK code. If you have a SIM PIN already assigned you can enter it in the pepwave cellular details area.

Right now it's the random mobley pin. So, if I lock\unlock with puk on mobley set new pin, then immediately pull it. All is good? The mobley doesn't immediately put their hidden pin on the SIM?

Trying to get my sister set up with my old peplink. I pulled my SIMs before the firmware that added the pin to SIM.

If you have the SIM before firmware requirement of SIM PIN it should work in the pepwave with no sim pin I would think...

If you have the SIM before firmware requirement of SIM PIN it should work in the pepwave with no sim pin I would think...
Sorry, I was saying my SIMs were pulled before firmware, my system has continued to use the actual mobley with hers, so I need to get hers unlocked to use on Peplink. Just added that to say I've never needed to go through the process before.

OK, for anyone in this situation. This is what I had to do.

1. Get PUK1 and PUK2 from ATT for the sim.

2. Put sim in Peplink. Go into the details page for that sim and enter a SIM pin, in my case 1111. Then deactivated/reactivated. Then put in another sim pin, 2222, deactivate/reactivated that sim in dashboard. Then put in 3333 and deactivated, reactivated. I believe I had to do one more, 4444 for it to finally lock. If you click the ? next to the sim pin spot and then click "here" to manage sim (or somehting like that), it tells you how many tries you have left or if it's locked. This area will be used again later.

3. Put SIM back in Mobley and go to the admin page, and it will ask for PUK code and new pin. Enter PUK1 from step one and enter any pin. Say 1111. Then power off and pull sim from Mobley.

4. Put SIM back in Peplink and go back into the details for that sim. Click the ? to left of place you can enter a SIM pin, and then click on "here" in the message box that pops up. You will have a drop down menu/list where you can change disable SIM pin and it will ask for you pin, which we set to 1111 in step 3.

5. Back on the SIM detail page, make sure you remove the SIM pin you had entered to lock it in step 2 and save and apply. In the dashboard, you might need to drag the SIM down to disabled and back to enabled and then it should connect successfully.

Latest resources

Back