Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins ISL9 450HP
TOW/TOAD
2023 Silverado
Fulltimer
No
I have some travel to Canada in the plans and I'm looking for a way to have Cellular, voice, data & text service while in Canada. Would be preferred if calls to the US are include vs billed as long distance and something like 30 - 50 gig of data. Ideally a prepaid plan that I can purchase for 30 days at a time. My current US cell plan does have the ability to provide service in Canada however the data cost is quite high. I would like to either add a SIM from a Canadian company to my current phone or install a Canadian SIM in a currently unused phone. I thought Public Mobile was going to be a good solution however you must have a Canadian address and CC to subscribe to their service.

I would appreciate any insight / experience there may be out there that may help in my quest.

We use our two $35/month pre-paid Visible + phones in canada. We get unlimited talk & txt but only 2 gb per day of data.... kind'a sorta like 120 gb per month. It works well enough when tethered to a VPN router for streaming video.

We use our two $35/month pre-paid Visible + phones in canada. We get unlimited talk & txt but only 2 gb per day of data.... kind'a sorta like 120 gb per month. It works well enough when tethered to a VPN router for streaming video.
Thanks for the response. Good to know Visible worked for you. I've looked at their plan which I think is now $45 but it looks like it would meet our needs. Was thinking there may be a Canada based provider that would offer a pre-paid eSIM but haven't uncovered any yet. At the moment Visible + is my backup plan. Thanks again for the reply.

Our Verizon plan covers both Canada and Mexico. We also used a Verizon sim card in our router for data but it's an old grandfathered plan when we got it 5.5yrs ago.

Plus one for Verizon. I’ve been to BC, Alberta, Yukon, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, PEI and Nova Scotia with no issues roaming.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back