Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Ceramic coating worth it or not?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I know @redbaron had his previous coach completely done with scratches/swirling removed, clay treated and ceramic coating applied. I think he swears by it. Wonder if the new LA will get the same treatment. Personally I’m happy with a good yearly waxing, but that’s just me.

New to RVing - What's your go-to wax?

There’s a lot of great products out there and it really depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Some want to remove minor scratches without a multi step paint correction which can take days. If that’s my goal I’ll use menzerna all in one which polishes and protects. It’s hard work and can take 3-5 days by yourself. Most of the bus detailers I know now use a spray wax or sealant because it works great for just a protective coating on a wash wax job. Makes it a lot easier. I have used chemical guys products which are very good. Klassee is also good. It’s really personal preference.

Sheridan,

I just had my 2015 Newell professionally detailed, and posted a video on the FB group. It got a lot of comments and praises, just off of a video.

I went through a long (year's worth) of research and deliberation along with interviews of the best detailers. My decision came down to the fact I had a 7 year old coach and, even though it looks stunning, I knew it would need correction. Also, I never know where I'll be in a year or two, in terms of keeping or selling this baby. So, would I REALLY gain something by spending over double? Also, we store INDOORS and keep it clean.

So, with all these factors, we made the decision to use a special new technology COATING, NOT just a wax. Yes, coatings have evolved just like paint!!! So, don't listen to those who'll just tell ya to use good old Turtle Wax or Mop-n-Shine like they've used for 5o years...that's BS! I used a Pro name Kyle from XTREME DETAILING and he's been around the country doing training and professional shop setups, as well as being on the Air Force 1 detailing team. He's got contracts with DELTA and has had products made with his name. I trust his expertise and, believe it or not, he 100% agreed that ceramic wasn't the best choice for "ME" and "OUR COACH".

His team spent 2 days of prep and application. The product he uses actually has a base of ceramic in it, and is a spray on. It's mind-blowing how good it looks!!

I think that IDA is one of the organizations he teaches for. But just be cautious of other "find your detailer" services such as Ceramics Pro...because that's nothing more than an ad service and is FILLED with HACKS who will ruin your paint job! You've heard it, that Paint Correction is PARAMOUNT...but I know someone who actually had to strip his entire coach of all the ceramic coating that wasn't applied correctly and do it all over again!
Cost? That sounds expensive. Granted, I only have a BayStar, but I work feverishly to improve the shine.

New to RVing - What's your go-to wax?
There’s no best answer to this question. Ask ten detailers or owner/detailers and you will get ten different answers. Do some research and form your own conclusions.

Cost? That sounds expensive. Granted, I only have a BayStar, but I work feverishly to improve the shine.
It was $2400.

But, no matter what you have, treating your paint is important if not for your pleasure, but for long term protections.

A good correction is critical. Then it’s up to you if you want the best shine and protection with ceramic versus a wax type product.

It was $2400.

But, no matter what you have, treating your paint is important if not for your pleasure, but for long term protections.

A good correction is critical. Then it’s up to you if you want the best shine and protection with ceramic versus a wax type product.
Now at that price, that sounds good. Thanks.

Hi all,

After receiving a question about what made me change my mind and get ceramic, I figure it's important to circle back and make an updated reply to this thread.

This post was started by me, PRIOR to me discovering Bob Moses Ceramic. The "high-end" ceramic coatings most of my friends were getting were extremely expensive; in the 14-15k range. And, even though I admired the ceramic jobs, I couldn't justify the cost over the detailer I normally used; who would charge $2400 for a "spray" coating that...IN HIS OPINION...would be a good choice.

Well, as time went on, I was not happy with my $2400 alternative. It really wasn't holding up, didn't look as shiny, and water and dirt really stuck. I set out to research and ended up interviewing Matt Moses, who founded Bob Moses Ceramic. We MORE THAN hit it off; he instilled such a high level of ethics and confidence I was already sold. When he told me the estimated cost and procedure, I made the decision to give them the job and couldn't wait to get out to his associate in Las Vegas; another Matt.

The process and job they did has now formed more than a professional relationship, but now a friendship. That's how much I love what they do! Since my video, I know of a least a half dozen others who have also fallen in love with their ceramic coating by BMCC.

Here is the newer thread I started, and hope it helps you learn from my experience. If I had it to do all over again, I'd have $2400 more dollars to blow on something else. LOL

I just used the ceramic spray was from Mothers. Spray, wipe on let dry and wipe/buff off. Looks awesome and took 4 hours and about $15.
Once a year will work for me. Ceramic coating might prolong the look but at my age, what do I care!! LOL

Latest resources

Back