• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Suggestion Check basement fridge/freezer serial numbers even on new rigs

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Mine runs off the inverter, as does my residential fridge while driving, If your 120 is not available, there wouldn't be an issue

Mine runs off the inverter, as does my residential fridge while driving, If your 120 is not available, there wouldn't be an issue
Good point, on second cup of coffee, wiring diagram in head is coming alive :) I'll probably disconnect my 12V line as well, not needed.

Good point, on second cup of coffee, wiring diagram in head is coming alive :) I'll probably disconnect my 12V line as well, not needed.
In my 2023 Jayco Swift Lithium the refrigerator is hooked up to both 110 and 12v. But I only put the inverter on when using 110. But thinking about it, when the inverter is on, the 12v is still connected. So technically its designed this way.
One solution is not always correct and I have a feeling that the engineers are clueless when they design the wiring. So I cannot blame the owners

My CF110 has both 120VAC and 12VDC connected. Looking at my main and inverter breaker boxes, the CF110 appears to be on the main breaker panel, so it wouldn't be getting power when not connected to shore (or gen) power. So when underway (not connected to shore power, the CF110 would be operating on 12VDC. I would not want to have to connect and disconnect the 12VDC connection each time we are traveling. The recall notice doesn't address the CF110 units.

Since it has both 120V and 12V supply, Newmar has the 120V on a non-inverted circuit. I consider it a design flaw by Dometic for not providing the necessary control for the unit to be simultaneously connected to both 120 and 12 and use 120V as the primary and roll over to 12V if 120 is not present without any potential for fire damage. The primary user of these coolers are motorhomes.

In my 2023 Jayco Swift Lithium the refrigerator is hooked up to both 110 and 12v. But I only put the inverter on when using 110. But thinking about it, when the inverter is on, the 12v is still connected. So technically its designed this way.
One solution is not always correct and I have a feeling that the engineers are clueless when they design the wiring. So I cannot blame the owners
Well, and when the sales and/or PDI handover guy tells you it is some sort of failsafe feature of the unit to run off either and automatically switch to 12VDC when there isn't 120VAC available to power it... 😀

Last edited:
Since it has both 120V and 12V supply, Newmar has the 120V on a non-inverted circuit. I consider it a design flaw by Dometic for not providing the necessary control for the unit to be simultaneously connected to both 120 and 12 and use 120V as the primary and roll over to 12V if 120 is not present without any potential for fire damage. The primary user of these coolers are motorhomes.
Guess I'm lucky. Mine is on the inverter, always on along with residential fridge, I've never used the 12v plug

Well, and when the sales and/or PDI handover guy tells you it is some sort of failsafe feature of the unit to run off either and automatically switch to 12VDC when there isn't 120VAC available to power it... 😀
There is no access, switch or plug. The only way to do anything would be to remove the refrigeratornand unplug the 110 or the 12v.

Latest resources

Back