Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question City Water Connection Leaking Into Fresh Water Tank(?)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The first picture showing the water pump shows a white handled valve. Does this valve control switching from city water direct to filling the fresh water tank? If it is, then I suspect that is where your problem lies. I'm betting the valve does not close properly thus allowing your tank to slowly fill. This will also cause your water pump to cycle simply because the isn't always enough presure to activate the switch that shuts it down. Yours looks like it would be easy to replace. It is best to remove the valve to take it to your RV Dealer as a sample. There are many variations to that valve.

Good luck

Darrell
Hello Darrell,

That valve switches to the open-ended hose, possibly for flushing (?) See the picture further up when I initially posted. Nothing flows out of the open-ended hose when the valve is closed.

Hello Darrell,

That valve switches to the open-ended hose, possibly for flushing (?) See the picture further up when I initially posted. Nothing flows out of the open-ended hose when the valve is closed.
Okay. That valve is probably used for winterizing your unit. It will probably suck antifreeze then. Your problem still sounds like the valve that allows you to fill your fresh water tank is malfunctioning? I am not familiar with your RV but I had the exact same problem with my Winnebago. Does your fresh water tank have a separate fill port or does your city water and fresh water fill share the same port?

Darrell

Okay. That valve is probably used for winterizing your unit. It will probably suck antifreeze then. Your problem still sounds like the valve that allows you to fill your fresh water tank is malfunctioning? I am not familiar with your RV but I had the exact same problem with my Winnebago. Does your fresh water tank have a separate fill port or does your city water and fresh water fill share the same port?

Darrell
Hi Darrell,

There are separate ports for city water and fresh water tank fill. The fresh water tank fill port is very close to where the water pump is located, just inside the pass-through storage area at the front end of the trailer. The city water port is nearer the rear of the trailer, and the bathroom sink cabinet is on the rear wall of the trailer.

I wish I could find an exact diagram of the plumbing, showing what's what and where everything is located. This is killing me. I don't even know what a check valve looks like.

Latest resources

Back