• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Class B RV's highly popular

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
National Indoor RV Center in Lawrenceville, GA. I was going to order from a place in Texas, that was much cheaper than everyone else, but they price matched.

The bathroom was a deal killer for me in the Class B. I just couldn't see paying that much for an RV and still having to pay for a hotel room so I could take a "real" shower. That "wet bath" was something that neither me nor my wife wanted. So we went with a used Class A. It sounds like we may have even saved some money!! I love my hot showers in my coach. The 10 gallon hot water heater gives me all the hot water I need, and I have room to actually take a shower without my elbows and butt knocking the bathroom door open in the process. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

67 and 68 and just bought a brand new RoadTrek Zion class B. Storage is an issue but for us the ease of travel, parking, etc won the day. We used to have a Winnebago LeSharo which was one of the original Class B's (1989) and loved it. These newer models are a huge improvement but provide the same convenience of travel.

Just got my 5th class B (Roadtrek Popular 190). I travel off freeways on the 'blue highways' and can go dang near anywhere. I mostly roam with no schedule or fixed destinations and the class B allows me to always find a place to stay -- RV park, state park, hospital parking lot, church parking lots, quiet neighborhood. There are two of us and a small dog. I've rearranged things, added some cabinets and drawers. The small fridge is a pain but I keep my iced tea in a small cooler that fits under the bed/couch and we get by. Never use the shower as I don't want the moisture inside so stop at RV parks/state parks with showers. We take 5-7 day trips spring and summer, with a big 10,000+ 6-week trip in the fall (after school starts).

I recently (4 months ago) purchase a Thor Tellaro which is a B class as well. We purchase it new and absolutely wanted a B class for a couple main reasons:

1) we would not have to tow a toad
2) we could be discreet about boondocking
3) Our city will not allow anything bigger than a van in our driveway (no need for storage)
4) Easier to drive and able to drive as fast as traffic (up to 80-85mph)
5) Gas milage (6 cylinder)
6) A van starts with complete metal shell ... this means dodge has create to outer skin and put in all the windows (no leaks) ... and very stable platform.
7) easy to maneuver in high spaces, in cities, parking lots, etc ...

Of course there are some down sides as well. I have created a video of my interior likes and will be create another video of my dislikes really soon:

FYI > There are actually 2 - Bs that have dry baths.
But they are not exactly short, in fact they can be longer than some Cs
I figured a shorter but a full 96" wide was my preference... "B plus"

The longer the wheelbase the more awkward the maneuvering it around, the greater the overhang the more the tail wags the dog.
Imbalanced loads, high roofs, single rear wheels and narrower widths combined with long overhangs is asking for instability.
Don't believe me? Look at all the advisories on 15 passenger extended vans with single rear wheels. (they did not use center aisles!, too narrow)
The solution was more air bags and electronic nannies. That didn't really fix the basic problem.
Using smaller / lighter engines and then with heavier rear compartment loads you may be pushing "center" weight to behind the rear axle.
Just keep that in mind when looking for your ultimate B.
One good emergency maneuver at highway speed and you may become very happy you have a steel roof.
You might just reconsider the 4 wheels vs 6 decision.
Keep the shiny side up people! Your kin will thank you.
This ends the public service announcement.
DB

Latest resources

Back