RV Length
37’10”
Chassis
Spartan
Engine
360HP
Fulltimer
No

Hi everyone! My husband and I just purchased a 2021 Newmar Ventana 3709 and we take delivery 5/26. Hurricane Ian decided to take our SeaRay away from us, so we decided to give this RV lifestyle a try. It is our very first RV and neither of us has any RV experience. We are very excited - and totally clueless! Any advice/tips/pointers is MUCH appreciated! The dealer (North Trail RV in Ft Myers, FL) is offering service/protection plans for an additional cost and I would like to hear from any of you regarding these plans or any alternative plans that may be better/more cost effective.

1. National RV Care- Platinum Level service agreement- 5 yrs/60k miles - $0 deductible = $12,245

2. Tryon Flat Tire Protection- $3190

3. Easy Care Driver Care Road Hazard Tire & Wheel Protection - 5 years, $0 deductible = $1065

Thank you in advance for any insights you can offer !!

Welcome! Many of us were like you, self included, completely green coming into RVing. Dealers want to make money and they do so through those types of programs. My personal opinion is no to all of the above but some will offer you should do what gives you peace of mind. I bought some things with mine from the dealer and it was stupid.

I recommend and many of us here use coach-net for roadside service. I suggest call them to get quotes as there are more than what you see on the web site, I added additional services such as tire replacement I think it was.

I agree with @Neal. I have not purchased any of the protection plan/warranties from a dealer. I also recommend CoachNet. Additionally, I like to take the yearly trek to Newmar for service on the house and Spartan for the Chassis.

Having said that, if Tyron Bands or an extended warranty give you peace of mind then do it. There is no wrong answer. Welcome to RVF and the Newmar family. 😊

I just purchased my third coach and have yet to purchase any dealer-sponsored protection plans. However, I have installed Rettrobands on my Dutch Star. I believe them to be a better option than the Tyron bands. At the end of the day, you do what you think is right for you.

National RV Care- Platinum Level service agreement- 5 yrs/60k miles - $0 deductible = $12,245
You can cover a whole lot of problems for $12k. That seems really costly to me.

We bought our Newmar used. Purchased a 5 year service contract for $5000. That was six years ago. Called last month for a renewal. 3 years/$19500. I may have recovered my money on the first but totally feel that I can fix ALOT of things for $19000.
Enjoy your coach and the people on this forum. They are both outstanding

Latest resources

Back