RV Make
Coahchmen
RV Model
336 TSIK
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
Quick question on our RV.

Is the A/C ducting "Racetrack" or just 2 straight runs?
I Am looking to make it more efficient with just 1 A/C, as our seasonal site only has 30 amp plugs. We usually run the A/C in the main area all day, and if needed run the Bedroom just before bed, then use the big vent fan and open windows at night unless it's really hot. (We're in Canada, but it still can get hot).

I've watched a few videos on how to install baffles and guides in the A/C just to make it quieter and more efficient, and assume those don't do anything to the warranty, as it is tape and foam board.

Anyway, Can't find any drawings so don't know if the ducting is racetrack? any help will be appreciated!
H and LA

I am not familiar with the Chaparral however my Encore 40TS has ducting that is all interconnected so we can feed air to the back from the front air units and front to back. Once cooled down we will close the bedroom ducts and force the air to the front. We close the doors from bathroom which effectively seals off the rear of the coach. Doing this keeps the front cool without the noise of the front unit running. When we go to bed we reverse the process and force front to the bedroom. We also use this technique when only 30 amp service is available.

Hi and thanks, The ducting is interconnected for sure, but the "racetrack" configuration, which I suspect is standard means that one end is a loop that connects the left run to the right run, whilst the other end ends in a hard stop on both sides. I just want to make sure.

Sure wish the manufacturers would give some form of blueprints of wall and ceiling configurations so that you can see where it's safe to put a screw, and how the various ducts run. Oh well.

Thanks for your reply though!

Well, it is NOT racetrack. Started the mods to block the AC dumps, but have seen a new product that is easier, and will wait for that to become available!

Cheers
H

Latest resources

Back