• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Cold Weather Advice

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Ok, I turned the Oasis burner on and the thermostat is set to 50-degrees. In response to Neal, I did see a little heat exchanger in the wet bay. See the attached picture. I don't see a way to turn it on manually, hopefully it is heated by the Oasis fluid running through it?View attachment 875

I‘ve never investigated it...I believe the coin type thermostat on the forward bulkhead just turns a computer FAN ON to blow air thru that heat exchanger. The heat exchanger is likely inline with the plumbing on one of the zone loop pumps. Don’t really know if it’s zone one or zone two. I believe the wet bay exchanger is a piggyback on one of the two zone loops...so, you would have to have that zones thermostat set at a temperature that would cause it to circulate frequently enough to be of use in heating the wet bay.

I may have to run a single zone one at a time...and go outside and hold an ice cube against the coin thermostat to see if I get heat. It would be important to know which zone has to be running. Oasis is known for having bad zone pumps. So if you had a zone pump fail...might be nice to know if the wet bay was taken out by it’s failure.

Thanks for the advice. Which bay meets the definition of the forward bulkhead? I am interested in searching for this thermostat and figuring out how to engage it to heat the wet bay. Appreciate the help.

I believe zone 2 pump for wet bay heat exchanger, had it go out on our 2017. Had enough residual heat in basement area to keep above freezing with OAT around 25-30f

Thanks for the advice. Which bay meets the definition of the forward bulkhead? I am interested in searching for this thermostat and figuring out how to engage it to heat the wet bay. Appreciate the help.

In our wetbay...Newmar screwed the thermostat to the white plastic liner to your left as you face the panel. The water pump, waterpump controller, and thermostat are all on that wall...toward the front of the coach. You probably will have to duck down to see under and behind the panel.

20171012_142316.jpg

I have that exact setup. Should turn on the heater in the wet bay when it gets cold enough without me doing anything other than turning on the oasis burner? Much appreciated

I have that exact setup. Should turn on the heater in the wet bay when it gets cold enough without me doing anything other than turning on the oasis burner? Much appreciated
And having the correct zone activated for Furnace on the Climate Control settings...

Latest resources

Back