Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Collision Mitigation Systems in a Motorhome?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, when is Tesla going into the motorhome business?

TJ
Camping in a Tesla is a new "thing". With the pickup coming out, camper accessories will quickly follow. The new Tesla home chargers uses a standard 50 amp receptacle like those found in camp grounds. Essentially a free fill up with every overnight camp spot.

After two years of driving my NA with OnGuardActive the documentation is rolling out. I remember picking up my NA two years ago with lots of questions about OnGuardActive. The dealer did not have a clue and there was no documentation about the system included with the coach. Over time I began to understand some of the capability but until now did not have all the details. So now we all have to get familiar with the concept of a "Haptic Event" that will occur from time to time with a normally functioning system. There is now a video available that goes into to detail warning the driver about these "events" that will happen with no threat present. I am comfortable with the trade off's of having this system and I am getting smarter about how to avoid audible alerts and "haptic events".

Last edited:
Keep getting new suggestions from YouTube for OnGuardActive.

Here is a video covering "Meritor OnGuard Active Unintended Braking Event". They make the point in this video that an unintended braking event is not as significant as a full emergency braking event. I have experienced a "Haptic Event", except for the startle factor and at the time not understanding what it meant, it was no big deal. Bottom line, live with problem until better technology comes along. Knowing to anticipate the event and understanding it is part of a normal functioning system helps a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back