• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Comfort Drive

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I do know that the new coaches have the CD controls buried in the dash menus instead of a knob that is easy to locate and adjust.
Yes, I find it distracting and so does my co-pilot. I would prefer to have a dial on the panel to simply reach over and select a setting instead of going thru a menu on a small screen. This is fine for X generation folks but many of us are getting up there in age and it would seem that in designing controls and systems for rigs marketed to our demographic, they would keep that in mind.

Yes, I find it distracting and so does my co-pilot. I would prefer to have a dial on the panel to simply reach over and select a setting instead of going thru a menu on a small screen. This is fine for X generation folks but many of us are getting up there in age and it would seem that in designing controls and systems for rigs marketed to our demographic, they would keep that in mind.
The 2023 coaches have Comfort Drive on the dash top menu. No digging for the control.

Thank you, FloridaSon. This is all news to me, but that's no surprise as I have never owned a coach with CD before. I wonder, what years are considered to be the "old" CD? My coach is a 2016, do you know if that would be the Old CD?
This is from Ken Sherwin.
KenSherwin View Post
I retired in 2016 and newer coaches have a next generation CD that I did not develop and have no knowledge about.

Not sure but if you search for ken and contact him you may find out. Thx

I’m sure I’d get used to the new system, just like paddle shifters or however they do it now on a FL chassis, and I’m sure it works just as well if not even maybe better (?) but I like my knob on the dash, just like my shift pad on the left, and my old fashioned light switches and thermostat and all that. These days I just don’t even want to try to learn new tech. That’s probably a symptom of something else I don’t want to think about, but at least it works for me.

I’m sure I’d get used to the new system, just like paddle shifters or however they do it now on a FL chassis, and I’m sure it works just as well if not even maybe better (?) but I like my knob on the dash, just like my shift pad on the left, and my old fashioned light switches and thermostat and all that. These days I just don’t even want to try to learn new tech. That’s probably a symptom of something else I don’t want to think about, but at least it works for me.
Haha, I am with you on that!

@FloridaSon I just experienced the hit a bump, Comfort Drive get's disabled "feature" this afternoon. Could you provide some additional info regarding where the connectors you checked are located. Once I shut the ignition off and restarted the coach Comfort Drive came back but I've not driven any distance since it recovered.

Thank you, FloridaSon. This is all news to me, but that's no surprise as I have never owned a coach with CD before. I wonder, what years are considered to be the "old" CD? My coach is a 2016, do you know if that would be the Old CD?
I will admit that i miss the "old comfort drive" on my 2018 DSDP which I could adjust by a separate knob. I now access comfort drive via the settings on the glass dash and cannot tell a significant difference between the settings.

I will admit that i miss the "old comfort drive" on my 2018 DSDP which I could adjust by a separate knob. I now access comfort drive via the settings on the glass dash and cannot tell a significant difference between the settings.
I couldn’t notice any difference in changing the settings in the glass dash on our 2020 DS. Complained to Spartan they found a known issue and suggested a work around; after starting engine immediately turn key off and back on.
I thought this was unacceptable and not sure how you would even do this on push button start. Ultimately they installed an update to glass dash the next visit which fixed the problem.

Ultimately they installed an update to glass dash the next visit which fixed the problem.
I mentioned it to my tech when I was at Spartan and he didn't mention anything about an update. Hmmmm, will hit them up next year when I get service. Thanks!

Latest resources

Back