Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Drove back from Buford GA today for a 2 hour trip home. Wind was coming in from the side and pounding me without mercy. Only my 3rd time driving this RV, and none of these times have I driven in a sidewind before. I turned the comfort drive setting up to 5 and the wind became meaningless! I was seriously shocked! So much so that I was uneasy for the next several miles as I kept expecting a sidewind to break on through and toss me into the medium.

But the wind never did regain the upper hand, and I plowed on through like a madman, even taunting fate with some one-handed steering! haha, I was a king! Comfort Drive is the bomb!

Drove back from Buford GA today for a 2 hour trip home. Wind was coming in from the side and pounding me without mercy. Only my 3rd time driving this RV, and none of these times have I driven in a sidewind before. I turned the comfort drive setting up to 5 and the wind became meaningless! I was seriously shocked! So much so that I was uneasy for the next several miles as I kept expecting a sidewind to break on through and toss me into the medium.

But the wind never did regain the upper hand, and I plowed on through like a madman, even taunting fate with some one-handed steering! haha, I was a king! Comfort Drive is the bomb!
One of the best reasons for buying a Newmar.

It is a great system. I'm not even sure the newer Newmar's have the same and as capable system as you have in yours (and mine). I typically drive at around #4 and raise it for conditions. I will lower it entering campgrounds, parking, etc. for easier maneuverability.

I lower mine to 2 for mountain driving and it takes the effort out of it. Makes for an easy day.

great info, can't wait to try mine out, salesman really talked it up, this reassures me, thanks

That is a great feature. In June 21 we drove across the Texas panhandle and eastern NM with very strong side winds. I couldn’t believe it, I even removed both hands with no issues (four land divided highway).

In a serious crosswind I usually set it at 5-6 and go back and get a beer. 😝👍
it really is a good system.

I will lower it entering campgrounds, parking, etc. for easier maneuverability.
I was under the impression the system reverts to 1 when at slow speed, no?

I was under the impression the system reverts to 1 when at slow speed, no?

Ours doesn't, it stays at whatever level that it was set for.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back