Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I run 115 in front and 90 in rear duals and tag.
Me too! In our case, that's about 5 PSI over what the Michelin chart (and Newmar) says, based on corner weights. We still get a smooth ride and I prefer having a little margin above recommended pressures.

As for the OP losing tire pressure over a relatively short period of time, something is amiss! Our tires rarely lose any pressure, even over a period of months. I think the Ventana still uses valve stem extensions rather than one-piece extended metal valve stems. We had some issues with the extensions on our 2014 Ventana LE.

ADDED: The fact that the OP doesn't experience air loss in the steer axle tires makes me even more suspicious of the extensions as being the culprit. The front tires don't use extensions; the drive/tag axles do.

TJ

Last edited:
My 2017 Ventana 4369 has solid valve stems. If the OP is using a TPMS, the leak could be attributed to the sensor not sealing properly.

My 2017 Ventana 4369 has solid valve stems. If the OP is using a TPMS, the leak could be attributed to the sensor not sealing properly.
Certainly a possibility. Something is allowing a loss of air; TPMS sensors, bad valve stems, loose valve stem cores. BTW, to the OP: have you checked the tightness of your valve stem cores? We, along with others, have found the cores to be loose, on occasion. I check mine every few months, just to be sure.

TJ

Last edited:
On my DS 4369 I run 110-115 front and 82-85 rear after I did four corner weight check and used the Michelin tire chart.
What he said

Neal

What is your front end weight? Your psi seems pretty low for steers.

Wow, lots of great food for thought. So a couple of things happening now.

1. Four corner weight is happening tomorrow. So I expect my pressures will drop on the after doing that and knowing exactly what pressure to use. I’ve been running at max psi as it came from the factory (I know, I know...). Found a spot nearby where I can get my four corner weight.

I don’t have my TPMS sensors on the stems because I ran into an issue with the valve stem extenders on the drive wheels not giving me enough space. So it’s not a tpms issue.Ordered longer valve stem extenders - single piece they will be here tomorrow and also get installed.

Also did a thorough inspection of all tires, outside, tread and inside. Got nice and dirty crawling around like a pig in the mud, but couldn’t find any tire damage and played with each valve stem to see if I could detect and leaks, couldn’t really find anything of note.

Hopefully, between getting the pressures calibrated to the weight and swapping out the valve stems, the issues will be resolved.

Receipt looking thing is Newmar's four corner weight at FPU. RVSEF was later, then Dec 2018 was the Flying J weigh in prior to HWH Active Air install.

Michelin XRV 305/70R22.5

https://www.michelinrvtires.com/reference-materials/load-and-inflation-tables/#/

IMG_3476.png

RV-SEF.png

IMG_1264.png

Yup. Makes sense. I am right at 14000.

So got our four corner weights done. We're 400lbs over on the front axle . Looks like we've got a bit shuffling to do but overall, pretty satisfied. PSI's shown are what we'll be putting them at. We know rear steers could probably go down to 75psi but we think we'll do 80 just to keep life simple. Previously we'd be running 120 everywhere in the absence of any real knowledge of what our weight was.

A little concerned about the front being so overloaded by 400lbs. I'm not sure how much we can do about it though. We don't have anything particularly heavy up front. I think the heaviest thing might be the domestic freezer and slide out. Tools, compressor, winter clothes - it's all at the back just before the drives.

I know as we burn fuel that will lighten a bit, but with diesel at 6.8lbs/gallon, we'd not be underweight on the front until we're at a half tank. As for the TPMS and valve stems, the extenders weren't delivered on time. Should be in some time today, hopefully that will solve the issue with pressure loss and allow me to get my sensors on the wheels already.

Attachments

• Megallan-4CWeight-27NOV19.pdf
    522 KB · Views: 24
Just curious, was this done with your whole family in their normal seated positions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back