Question Covering of Front Captain Seats Is Flaking Off

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I second Bauer.

Thios is not limited to RV furniture. My Mom bought a $677 recliner for her apartment. In less than 5 years it is doing the same thing. My office chair is in the S & B and is about 15 years old. Good furniture today seems to cost thousands per piece.:cry:

HI, and thanks in advance if you have helpful advice.

I have a 2019 Thor Aria. Both front Captain chairs have the covering (Pleather?) flaking off. This seems to have happened overnight.

The RV has been stored inside (air-conditioned garage) since it's purchase, and no cleaning agents or chemicals have been used on the seats.

I am the second owner of this vehicle (less than 10K miles), and unfortunately the first owner only got the basic one-year warranty.

I called Thor, and they informed me that since the RV was not under warranty, they would not cover the issue. From what I have read, this is a common problem with this Make and year.

Question: Has anyone dealt with this, and had any luck with Thor standing behind their product for what seems like a cronic quality control issue?

Thanks
I found covers to place over existing covered chairs, not perfect but at least looks much better.

HI, and thanks in advance if you have helpful advice.

I have a 2019 Thor Aria. Both front Captain chairs have the covering (Pleather?) flaking off. This seems to have happened overnight.

The RV has been stored inside (air-conditioned garage) since it's purchase, and no cleaning agents or chemicals have been used on the seats.

I am the second owner of this vehicle (less than 10K miles), and unfortunately the first owner only got the basic one-year warranty.

I called Thor, and they informed me that since the RV was not under warranty, they would not cover the issue. From what I have read, this is a common problem with this Make and year.

Question: Has anyone dealt with this, and had any luck with Thor standing behind their product for what seems like a cronic quality control issue?

Thanks
We have the exact same RV and same problem, literally happened 5 years after we got the RV, out of warranty of course. After a lot of research I discovered that the seat covers were made by Villa International. They have the patterns. I contacted them and ordered new Ultraleather covers for ours and they were $895 each. They just came. Removing the old covers and installing the new ones is a task we decided to pay someone else to do. So, we are paying $$$ to have that done. Our quote for removal of the old covers and installation of the new ones was $1370 total. So we will end up having spent $3160 total. A set of new captains chairs just like ours, with 6 way power adjustment, adjustable arms, power footrest on passenger seat, Ultraleather fabric, is $4470 plus shipping. So it’s less expensive to order new covers. Here is the link for Villa International. Villa International RV Furniture EasyGuides Order Forms. Also, our dinette started doing the same thing. Williamsburg Furniture made those covers. I called them and ordered a complete set of Ultraleather covers for $600. Took out all the parts of the dinette and did the job myself. It was NOT easy. But doable if you’re patient about taking out all the old covers and staples before you start. Here is the link for them. https://wbfusa.com/

Latest resources

Back