Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Looking to get proof that the coach is in production or complete, I've contacted several people. Natalie at Newmar which resulted in a generic, we will contact you when it is through CPU process.
Went on to see if Timothy, sales Rep at NIRVC, could get a more definitive answer as to where in the production process the DutchStar is and that yielded the following email exchange::

“This unit has been confirmed with customer Hogan to be picked up at Newmar beginning on 11/6.
Once the service tech assigned to this unit for delivery has received the coach, he will be taking pictures of it to email over to the customer prior to the delivery date of 11/6.”

To me that sounds like a generic when we get around to you, we'll let you know. The 11/6 date was agreed to back in July.

So we are 4 weeks out. I am hesitant to schedule and plan a trip North, 3-4 days traveling, 18 hrs of driving, 1200+ miles, based on Google World, to get there. My schedule is not that flexible to allow a drive up there and wait around while they get there act together.

Granted this is not a King Aire, but a sizable purchase in my world.

Thoughts?? Am I not giving them enough room? Overreacting?

I'll let it go for a couple more weeks but then I will be very concerned.

Thoughts??

We hear you Joe and yes you deserve better information than what you have received. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a KADP or a DSDP.

Typically NIRVC has good intel and I am surprised they didn’t give you better information. That time of year can be great or cold snowing and miserable.

I’d keep pressing on them until you get a satisfactory answer so you can have a game plan with contingencies.

I would also say don’t give the dealer the rest of the money owed until you set eyes on it and it meets your satisfaction inside and out. You can wire the money after that and it’s officially yours.

I would also say don’t give the dealer the rest of the money owed until you set eyes on it and it meets your satisfaction inside and out. You can wire the money after that and it’s officially yours.
Yes, agreed, no money until this unit is proven to be ready for pickup. A Wire takes only 3 hrs or so to clear.

From personal experience, if Newmar has you locked into a date, it will be ready for you on that date. I had issues with NIRVC staying on top of things. In fact, they were no help at all.

Unless things have changed in the past couple of years, Phil Stilley is the man who schedules everything. He was very responsive to me when I was in your shoes.

Phil Stilley
Service Scheduler
( 574 )-773-7791 Ext. 3495
[email protected]

Joe, chill!!! I would guess the only thing that would delay there delivery schedule would be catastrophic, in which case even a week out, could be hard for them to forsee.

@Joe Hogan,

This is an odd situation you're going through and I would be less than pleased with my dealer. If it were me I'd be done with the dealer and work directly with Newmar and not deal with the "phone game" of stories or hiding information. I don't think it has anything to do which coach you are buying, quite frankly I think you'd be more po'd if you did buy a KA as you'd get the same treatment and expect better for that price point.

My lovely dealer, McGeorge's in Ashland, VA was being acquired by CW during my build. I had a great salesman who retired during this transition so I was left in the dark. So I never had communication but one day Jonas, the group leader that handled my coach emailed me and sent me the first pictures I think about a month prior to FPU (CPU as they call it) and confirmed the date IIRC.

I realize your needs are a little different but I don't think you'll have a problem getting a hotel room, etc. so hang in there. But for now, start working comms directly with Newmar. To me the dealer only submits the order, I will go through whoever has the lowest price, and I'm done with them at that point. After that I work with Newmar.

Try calling (not emailing) Natalie or some point of contact at Newmar today and express your concerns and inform them of your needs.

Edit: I just read @Neemer's post and agree Phil is a super great guy and you could call or email him. Not sure if you worked with him in the past, I've really enjoyed coordinating my visits with him, super good guy.

Thank you Neal, I am also going to be working with Jonas. Jonas managed all the maintenance on the CanyonStar for us. We have a good relationship with Jonas and his team.
Agree with you on dealer reps. Tried the NIRVC route hoping it might be different this time. :-(
I‘ll wait a week and see what happens. Then start working the phones at Newmar.

Shoot an email to Phil, he is very busy but very responsive to emails. If you have Jonas's email you can also try emailing him. I probably have it if you need it via PM, I don't want to put it out in the public.

Just received an email from Jonas explaining that he and his team are working with us and will send pics when able.
feeling better about this now.:)

That's how it always works. I call a company (or email) "when will I get my order..." and my doorbell rings with the delivery. Ooops!

Congrats...it's getting really really close! Share those pics when you get them! :)

Latest resources

Back