• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tip Cummings Warning!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
None of this made any sense to me, and altogether I asked four different places, and they never asked what the engine was in, but two asked for the engine number.
Dodge trucks are all over, so this was my stupidity.

Guess use up the 5w40 in the compressors at the plant, 4wheeler, mower, and back two 15w40.
Thanks for all the help guys!!

None of this made any sense to me, and altogether I asked four different places, and they never asked what the engine was in, but two asked for the engine number.
Dodge trucks are all over, so this was my stupidity.

Guess use up the 5w40 in the compressors at the plant, 4wheeler, mower, and back two 15w40.
Thanks for all the help guys!!
I found it strange as well. So I did a little digging. My pleasure.

Thanks again; I should not have been so stupid and said it was an international.
When I was trying to buy fuel filters, nothing
But Chrysler 6.7s came up, and they were nothing like what mine took.
That would have been a hint that they are two different engines but never registered.
Thanks again.

Thanks again; I should not have been so stupid and said it was an international.
When I was trying to buy fuel filters, nothing
But Chrysler 6.7s came up, and they were nothing like what mine took.
That would have been a hint that they are two different engines but never registered.
Thanks again.
Its the same basic engine (block, bore, stroke, etc) - Cummins ISB, but in a class 7 or 8 chassis all the externals are different: air intake, turbo, exhaust, cooling, oil pan and filter, and maybe the fuel injection system as well. Also I suspect there are differences in the valve train with Ram engines that develop higher hp and tq. Which would also explain the need for lower viscosity oil.

Igot 1999 fleetwood American tradition something is runing my battaries down and i have every thing cut off. Is there a electical problem that might be a comand problem in a old coach?

Igot 1999 fleetwood American tradition something is runing my battaries down and i have every thing cut off. Is there a electical problem that might be a comand problem in a old coach?
It could be 100 different things.
Unless you know how to isolate the draw
You may have to take to a place that sells a lot of batteries, and they may have someone there that knows how to test.
50% of the time is a light like a glove box, but here again, it could be anything.

If you can measure the draw from the battery with every thing off, you might try shooting one fuze at a time off and see if it stops it.
But all your doing is isolating the whole circuit, but it will give you a starting point.

Assuming you're talking about your chassis/starting batteries. Get a digital voltmeter and make yourself familiar with operating it. Using the AMP measuring setting, disconnect your battery and connect the meter between the battery and the cable you just disconnected. You should see a current reading on the meter. Now, get in your fuse box and start pulling fuses until the current reading drops off, anything above about 50 milliamps will drain your battery in a few days. when you find the fuse that makes the most difference, make note of what that fuse is for and go looking. Map lights, glovebox lights, underhood lights, dome/courtesy lights, and sometimes mis-wired aftermarket stereos/cb radios are you usual culprits.

Latest resources

Back