Mountain Aire 4519
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan K3
Engine
Cummins 500
TOW/TOAD
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I heard from a friend with a coach similar to mine that Cummins has recalls affecting about 500,000 engines. Over the past few days I have learned that they are not truly recalls, but "campaigns" - C2112 through C2115, relating to emission systems. Repairs could run in the $2,000 to $8,000 range. I checked on the NHTSA system for open recalls on my VIN, but there weren't any.

So, I called the Cummins QuickServe number, they confirmed that my engine serial number was involved in the campaign and gave me the number for the Austin distributor. I contacted the Austin-area Cummins distributor who told me they had extended the recall period due to a shortage of parts - they were holding the parts they have for emergency vehicles like fire engines and the sort. After explaining that I had an upcoming trip, the service manager said he would look into what they could do and get back with me. I'm still waiting for that call.

I have heard nothing from Newmar or Freightliner about this. If you haven't already done so, you may want to contact Cummins QuickServe to see if your engine is part of this campaign.

Latest resources

Back