Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
For those that have had the fuel rail recall performed by cummins, what was the process like for getting the work done?

Did you just show up and wait for it to get checked out?

Ronnie,

See @FLSteve ’s post on this thread:

I do know that a Cummins doesn’t take appointments:; a real treat. You got two choices; stand around all day (or longer), or leave it with them (nope).

Now if I could only get Cummins to stop sending me notices every few weeks for a Coach I no longer own! ?‍♂️

Actually..the only way to do the recall is with an appointment.

I was able to get one for tomorrow morning thanks to my service writer.

This is true for all of Southern plains locations according to the service manager.

I went to the Dallas i20 location.

So we know that @FLSteve ( Fort Myers, FL) was able to walk in, and I had to make an appointment (DFW Southern Plains)

Others that have had the recall done, what was your process?

We had ours done at a local Spartan-authorized service shop. Would you believe it was Freightliner Northwest? We made an appointment to have some other work done and asked that the recall be done at the same time. We were unable to get a specific appointment due to the volume of work the shop already had scheduled, but they said if we were willing to bring it in, they would get to it as quickly as possible. Since we aren’t currently using the coach, that was an acceptable option . It took about a week to get all the work done.

TJ

Last edited:
So we know that @FLSteve ( Fort Myers, FL) was able to walk in, and I had to make an appointment (DFW Southern Plains)

Others that have had the recall done, what was your process?
Well actually I drove by the dealership in my Jeep on a Friday afternoon and asked about bringing it in and they just said to show up Monday morning and I could wait for it. I was going to give them my information and they said just bring it on Monday.

FLSteve :)

Well actually I drove by the dealership in my Jeep on a Friday afternoon and asked about bringing it in and they just said to show up Monday morning and I could wait for it. I was going to give them my information and they said just bring it on Monday.

FLSteve :)
Thats a lite version of an appointment ? Sure sounds simple.

We were at Freightliner last week for M1 service and generator service. They checked to see if I was part of the recall (we were but my letters are in a pile of mail in Ft Myers). They opened up the bedroom slide, opened the hatch and were done in an hour. Replaced two washers.

Well I had appointment scheduled in Ft Wayne after our Nappanee service mid-September but got held up at Newmar and had to cancel. I called Cummins Savannah last Monday and scheduled for Friday, they were very accommodating and said it would take 3-4 hours. All went well and now finally Done.

Talking to the service rep he said there has been a recall on various Cummins engines for this issue since 2016 and they had never found one bad in doing over a thousand.

Latest resources

Back