• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Day 1 of my trip...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
What brand pump did you use? Sad to think of a six year old vehicle as “vintage” but so it goes…..
I don't know the brand ITR sent me, it's a newer version of what they offer. I will use the US Solar next.

You guys are making me feel bad. On my 6000+ mile summer trip, I only had one drawer latch fail. I just hope I didn't just jinx myself.

I’ve always thought Hehr were the better windows and they started having problems when Lippert bought them, but I have a could with minor fogging too - fortunately its not on eye-level windows so not very noticeable.

These experiences seem to support my case for buying new every five years or so.... :cool: Of course at some point I'll run out of 5 year windows....enjoy your trip!!

There is always something that breaks on the start of a new trip which is why I always do an intermediate stop on day one for two nights. I'm at a KOA in Lumberton, NC and of course I have power pedestal issues, trying to run A/C's but I'm losing power. I see that the pedestal is giving me 130V so the transfer switch is knocking me offline as it should. Last night, no answer from office not they can fix it and I bet they know of it yet sold me a 50A site. I moved to 30A and at least that's stable. However, after that fiasco I look up and see a red light on the OASIS control panel - zone fault. Yep, summer loop is dead. OASIS in override and thankfully have hot water so today is replace a pump (if it's not a fuse) day.

And then this morning a fogged window which I was hoping my 2017 was immune to as later model years with a different glass vendor seemed to have the issues. I'm on the way to Newmar so may be looking forward to a window replacement and that's not gonna be cheap.

Ugh! That journey thing....joy thing....$$$$ thing....
I feel your pain on the windows. My rig is 10 years older than yours and I had my drivers side window fog over and had to have it replaced. This age rig still has the older style construction so I expect more don the road. The good thing for me is that the windows are Her and they could make the windows for me. I actually had two replaced.

What brand pump did you use? Sad to think of a six year old vehicle as “vintage” but so it goes…..
I replaced summer loop pump with the pump recommended by many approximately 6 months ago.

C1A/H 12V 20L
Need 1/2″ barb head

I don't know the brand ITR sent me, it's a newer version of what they offer. I will use the US Solar next.
Got a pic of the new pump for comparison?

I just want to reiterate that in the event of a shortage, think twice before using the 3/4” “retro fit” pump kit from Hydronic Warehouse - it is a royal pain to install as there is just not enough room in the space available for the adapters to go from 1/2” to 3/4”. Having done it once, I’d rather just do without until a proper 1/2” pump is available, preferably an $82 US Solar pump as I’m also not in favor of paying $345 for the same thing from ITR.

Got a pic of the new pump for comparison?
The old pumps had cooling fins is the best description where the new pumps are smooth shells.

Latest resources

Back