Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
There is always something that breaks on the start of a new trip which is why I always do an intermediate stop on day one for two nights. I'm at a KOA in Lumberton, NC and of course I have power pedestal issues, trying to run A/C's but I'm losing power. I see that the pedestal is giving me 130V so the transfer switch is knocking me offline as it should. Last night, no answer from office not they can fix it and I bet they know of it yet sold me a 50A site. I moved to 30A and at least that's stable. However, after that fiasco I look up and see a red light on the OASIS control panel - zone fault. Yep, summer loop is dead. OASIS in override and thankfully have hot water so today is replace a pump (if it's not a fuse) day.

And then this morning a fogged window which I was hoping my 2017 was immune to as later model years with a different glass vendor seemed to have the issues. I'm on the way to Newmar so may be looking forward to a window replacement and that's not gonna be cheap.

Ugh! That journey thing....joy thing....$$$$ thing....

Since we have @Hughes Autoformers online with us now (welcome!)...question. If a pedestal is giving us high voltage does the Hughes Autoformer still boost or does it only boost when needed? In my case at a campground with 130V per leg, am I better of bypassing the Autoformer or is it safe to leave inline?

Of course anyone else that knows the question, chime in, but we have the experts on board with us now too.

It only boosts when needed. I believe it shuts down when voltage is toohigh or too low.

Summer loop pump replaced (and associated 10A fuse) and one puck light under kitchen cabinets. I'm ready for Hoots now, I can leave tomorrow and show up looking like a well maintained vintage Ventana!

Safe travels. I'm curious if your dash a/c is cooling properly; of course, the ambient temperature may be too low to tell.

Safe travels. I'm curious if your dash a/c is cooling properly; of course, the ambient temperature may be too low to tell.
It is hard to tell but I believe it is but as you stated outside temps are cooler. My concern though is the blower. When on 1 (of 4) it is not a stable flow of air, it's like it's puffing. I have it on the list to be checked. If I turn it up then it does work as expected, not sure as strong as expected, but it's my main concern.

There is always something that breaks on the start of a new trip which is why I always do an intermediate stop on day one for two nights. I'm at a KOA in Lumberton, NC and of course I have power pedestal issues, trying to run A/C's but I'm losing power. I see that the pedestal is giving me 130V so the transfer switch is knocking me offline as it should. Last night, no answer from office not they can fix it and I bet they know of it yet sold me a 50A site. I moved to 30A and at least that's stable. However, after that fiasco I look up and see a red light on the OASIS control panel - zone fault. Yep, summer loop is dead. OASIS in override and thankfully have hot water so today is replace a pump (if it's not a fuse) day.

And then this morning a fogged window which I was hoping my 2017 was immune to as later model years with a different glass vendor seemed to have the issues. I'm on the way to Newmar so may be looking forward to a window replacement and that's not gonna be cheap.

Ugh! That journey thing....joy thing....$$$$ thing....
Two questions:
1. Are your windows Hehr?
2. If you replace an Oasis pump, will you use the US Solar substitue?

This doesn't surprise me - at the start of my last trip I noticed some reduced power as soon as I turned off the back road on to the first highway, 7 miles from home. And you know how that ended up.

Yes, this window is a Hehr.

I got my two spares from ITR (smooth, not ribbed) versions.

Summer loop pump replaced (and associated 10A fuse) and one puck light under kitchen cabinets. I'm ready for Hoots now, I can leave tomorrow and show up looking like a well maintained vintage Ventana!
What brand pump did you use? Sad to think of a six year old vehicle as “vintage” but so it goes…..

Latest resources

Back