• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Answered Delayed Waste Tank Dump

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hmmm, seems to me the closest campground near home, one night stay, flush black tank very good prior to leaving. Not rocket science. Material of tank will not degrade over time because of stuff in it. Also positive sign if it's almost full for extended time, you will know it does not leak, good thing to be aware of. Since you live in condo, buying one of those portable tanks and dumping a few gallons at a time is not an option. You could call septic tank company and pay them to suck it out, but that would not allow you to flush it.

FYI ...in post 23 I have indicated that the tanks are dumped and I’m all set. Thanks for your input.

thanks @Neal for marking it answered.

@RandyB - I edited the thread and changed the prefix for you from Question to Answered.

Thanks. I was about to ask how that gets done. We were both typing at the same time.

You can dump black/gray tanks into septic system, as its just poop, the same as a toilet system. I dumped into my septic system at the farm lots of times. I could not do it here since we cannot even get the coach up here, turns and approach to uphill too steep. I have only water in my black tank now, and each time I dump I flush tank for at least 5 minutes, to get water coming out as clear as possible. Then dump gray tank. That flushes hose, and cleanup and good to go.

Thanks for the discussion. I’ll advise when I get a chance to dump.
Condo living (no parking, no sewer cleanout) coach in storage without utilities. No sanicon or place to hose to.
Due to predicted below freezing temps, had to make an urgent winterizing of the fresh water system. Compressed air blow-out and anti-freeze in drain traps. Forgot about the washer until the next day. Dangit

I use something called The Sewer Solution. I run the discharge hose into the sewer cleanout. Inexpensive and easy.

Latest resources

Back