Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Deploying jacks w/out dumping air bags (not related to slide operation)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Where did you stop for the night in Lincoln?
We are at Camp-A-Way in Lincoln. Thanks for the Freightliner info but we seem to be ok. Was able to get level without deploying anything so hopefully the slide will come in just fine. They look good so far.
Thanks again for checking in.

We are at Camp-A-Way in Lincoln. Thanks for the Freightliner info but we seem to be ok. Was able to get level without deploying anything so hopefully the slide will come in just fine. They look good so far.
Thanks again for checking in.
I thought so - we stayed there too. Nice mature park nestled in the SW corner of a clover leaf, but for all that it was peaceful and pleasant.
IMG_2119.jpeg

For what it is worth, we have lifted hundreds of axles off of the ground by overextending the bags. I don't recall us ever popping a bag or busting a shock. It is not something I would think you would want to do on a regular basis, but one offs should not be a problem. Based on Ard's conversation and photos it is obviously a possibility. We never did it other than to make necessary repairs to another part of the system. The front end on the other hand is completely new to me. I don't know what the risk would be.

What was the outcome @J&JD?

What was the outcome @J&JD?
A couple of outcomes I guess:
HWH found several problems with our HWH AA system, one of them they admitted was a wrong part that they had sent to me several months ago to fix my system. They spent several hours rebuilding,testing and replacing parts of the system for an amazingly low price of $480 total. If it had been done at someplace like a Freightliner dealer the labor alone would have been $1000+. Good news is that the system seems to be performing as advertised.
As for the OP, I guess I’ll buy the argument to not deploy the jacks without dumping the air bags. But I am not at all convinced that there is a problem using the jacks to raise the coach small amounts without dumping air!

Especially if you just deploy the jacks just enough so that when you walk around inside the coach, it doesn't "wiggle". I would guess with AA that is not a problem?

Latest resources

Back