• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Destroying a Friend

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I should have kept the PT-111 Millennium. Taurus received the gun on Feb 25th and here it is 2 months later and they have yet to ship the replacement pistol to me. I've called Taurus customer service a couple of times and they tell me they can't do anything until the factory gives them a gun for them to ship to me. I'm not impressed with Taurus.

Last edited:
I certainly would not be happy about that exchange. From what I am hearing the factory is selling every handgun they can produce and everything is on backorder. I doubt they will be in any hurry to send out any "free" ones anytime soon.

Back in June of 2000 I bought 9mm Taurus Millennium pistol to use for home defense and camping (tent). When we gave up the tent in 2003 in favor of a trailer for traveling the country, that Millennium usually went with us.

Last year I stumbled onto an article that mentioned a recall on that firearm because it wasn’t drop safe. Unfortunately the recall window closed back in Feb 2018. No big deal to me because I had put thousands of rounds through the pistol without any issues. This year I decided to retire the Millennium and I bought a Taurus G2c pistol to replace it.

Sunday I was looking at the manual that came with the Millennium and noticed it had a lifetime warranty and I had actually sent in the warranty card when I bought it. Monday I called Taurus to see if I could send it back to them for repair under the lifetime warranty. NOPE, they won’t repair it BUT they would send me a new G2c as a replacement. The Millennium pistol would then be destroyed. Since I already have a G2c I guess I could sell the one they send me.

I’m actually torn between keeping the Millennium or sending it in for destruction. Sending it in feels like I’m sending a close friend to a retirement home where he will be euthanized. I’m still debating what I want to do.
After a couple of years of smoking pipes and my dollar investment was considerable for the time, I gave up smoking. I put the pipes in the trash as I did not feel it would be morally right to encourage someone else to smoke and shorten their life. To me the same applies with guns that are designed to kill people. Home defense is a feeble excuse for having a gun in the home. I think about the couple who were both in law enforcement in Florida and thought someone was breaking into their home and the emptied their clips at the supposed intruder. Fortunately the 20 plus bullets all missed the intruder who turned out to be the mother-in-law.

After a couple of years of smoking pipes and my dollar investment was considerable for the time, I gave up smoking. I put the pipes in the trash as I did not feel it would be morally right to encourage someone else to smoke and shorten their life. To me the same applies with guns that are designed to kill people. Home defense is a feeble excuse for having a gun in the home. I think about the couple who were both in law enforcement in Florida and thought someone was breaking into their home and the emptied their clips at the supposed intruder. Fortunately the 20 plus bullets all missed the intruder who turned out to be the mother-in-law.

You are talking to the wrong man about home defense being a feeble excuse for owning a gun.

Two long stories shortened because I’m a lousy typist. 1975, my wife and I were returning home from a week of camping. As we enter the front door of our house we surprised a burglar in our home. He panicked and ran between my wife and me and out the front door. In the process he knocked my wife off her feet and she fell on the coffee table breaking two ribs and collapsing a lung. From that day on, with a few exceptions, I was never without a weapon on my person.

1985, my wife and I are tent camping on the Big Piney River. In the afternoon we were fishing with our ultralites and I walked around a bend in the river away from my wife. As I was fishing I suddenly realized I was hearing male voices. I hustled back to my wife and discovered three guys hassling my wife about how they could take care of her sexually. When they saw me with my hand on my holstered Ruger Blackhawk their attitude changed instantly. The apologized, made a hundred excuses, and departed rapidly.

Everyone has different life experiences and you are certainly entitled to your opinion but I will almost always be legally armed. Although I’m now 75 years old and my hands aren’t as steady as they used to be, I’m quite proud of my shooting skills. This was my target after shooting 50 rounds of 44 magnum from my Taurus revolver at a distance of 15 yards.

20200707_125142_1.jpg

To me the same applies with guns that are designed to kill people. Home defense is a feeble excuse for having a gun in the home. I think about the couple who were both in law enforcement in Florida and thought someone was breaking into their home and the emptied their clips at the supposed intruder. Fortunately the 20 plus bullets all missed the intruder who turned out to be the mother-in-law.
To each their own. Since we’re sharing, here’s what I think about when it comes to guns in the home for self defense: Houston-area gun owner, wife fend off hammer-attack suspect: reports

This happened not too far from where I grew up.

Also, I don’t have a fantastic relationship with my mother in law so in some days, I totally get how that could happen :ROFLMAO:

but hey, you do you. There’s no requirement to have a firearm in your home that I know of.

Our guns here in FL don’t have “clips” unlike California. We use high capacity magazines. They work much better.
Our Sheriff Judd said on camera: Get a gun and if you have to shoot someone, shoot him a lot. See it on YouTube
Also I’m not sure that guy emptying his “clips” into his mother in law was a mistake? ??

Last edited:
The OP was talking about a defective gun, with open recall. A gun should never engage the firing pin without a trigger pull. A firing pin that engages due to a drop is defective, and not working as designed. @ManlyMan has made the decision to return the gun.

For an every day carry, I too would have made the same decision. There are many other options, and everyone has the right and freedom to make that decision based on their circumstances.

This is not a post about support of guns or not. If you don't like guns, move on and ignore this thread.

Off topic posts will be removed.

Well it is now 3 months since the Taurus factory received my PT-111 and I still haven't received my replacement pistol. I'm 75 years old so I'm beginning to wonder if I will get the replacement before I die. :(

R.I.P. My condolences. ?

Sadly, when they are selling everything they can make, they have little interest in giving products away...even as the result of fulfilling a recall.

TJ

Latest resources

Back