• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Determining towing capacity of Ranger with towing pkg

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
2020 ranger engine and tran options are 1 and are listed in the Ford link earlier in the thread. advertised capacity is 7500, but I am not willing to go close to that. I am seeking insight/preferences on brake controllers and hitches when towing a GeoPro 19FDS with this vehicle. Per spec sheet the trailer has the following stats Dry weight 3413, GVWR 4335 and hitch wt 435

We have settled on a Rockwood Geo Pro 19FDS with a stated dry wt of 3413, GVWR 4335 and hitch wt of 435. Since it is lighter than the Springdale I beleive we are OK to tow with the Ranger. That said, I am interested in opinions/need for equipment to control Sway, weight distribution and recommendations for Brake controllers.
I have found that weight dist hitches of any make work much the same. heck hf has one for around $200. I am not a fan of sway control equipment. If loaded right the trailer should not sway. If it does it will with sway cont. and more weight should be moved forward. The money is well spent on a quality brake controller. I guess that not all manufactures include brake controller as part of a trailer tow package. Best part of factory installed unit is they tell you you have a brake problem if the connection is broken.

OK, final question, hopefully. As part or the negotiation on the TT the dealership is offering to throw in a hitch as part of the deal. Quality question on an eaz lift 10K hitch?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back