• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Diesel burner noise vs. Propane noise

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Sure does! Our 2018 does not have a muffler installed. I wonder if mufflers were discontinued starting with the 2018 production run, or whether it was a model-by-model thing? We have considered adding a muffler, though our Oasis burner isn't much louder than a lot of propane furnaces.

TJ

I looked under my coach for some reason while walking the dog. It appears I may in fact have a muffler???

@Neal … you just saved a pile of money!

FLSteve

@Neal i have one as well. 17 must have been a good year!

Over on that other forum there is a thread about adding a muffler to the Oasis piping. I just did that to help cut down on the noise. Here are a few pictures. I used a Jones Exhaust Turbo Tube Muffler ATT18S-3 and Vibrant Performance Exhaust Seal Clamps 1163. Now I just need a volunteer to camp really close to me to see how it works.

FLSteve

View attachment 592View attachment 593View attachment 594View attachment 595

Finally had a chance to field test the new muffler and am very happy with the results. Did not have a noise meter, but the sound is noticeably lower and now I would not even feel bad if I had to camp next to me! Painted the main body black with this high heat paint to help things blend in.

FLSteve

IMG_4172.jpg
IMG_4169.jpg

I have a hunch that setup is better than what Newmar installed on mine and anything pre-2018. Nice job!!!

No "hunch" here, @FLSteve; that's the nicest install I've ever seen. Newmar usually does pretty good work, but not to that level. Well done!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back