• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Diesel Electric Vehicles

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
That’s usually done with natural gas fired local power plants. I also once saw a big jet engine driven generator providing power to an island -San Salvador if memory serves.
We were posted to a NORAD radar site in Saskatchewan that used F86 engines as grid backup. Every time there was a storm on the horizon it sounded like we were living in a runway as they fired them up. Kinda cool.

Oh ok. I haven’t experienced that. But Re the second one. yes I’m sure there are places that don’t have charging infrastructure in place yet.
Like my lake lot where I have no power and no water? :ROFLMAO:

Not an issue if I can get there on less than half a battery and the battery doesn't discharge while the vehicle sits there for a few days but I don't know if that's possible with current technology or not.

Like my lake lot where I have no power and no water? :ROFLMAO:

Not an issue if I can get there on less than half a battery and the battery doesn't discharge while the vehicle sits there for a few days but I don't know if that's possible with current technology or not.
Hard to say. The most sold EV’s now have about 500 kilometres of range depending on conditions. Is there chargers on the way?

Sorry to disagree Rich. I know of at least three Edison power plants based in neighboring states that feed California due to carbon credits, that are dirty coal burners. I have been told of others that are dirty oil burning that do the same, for the same shell game. When you know you know!!! When you don't you think you green.
No doubt. I was refering to local back-up plants that burn natural gas.

I’ll bite. How does my electric vehicle curb my travel?

Hard to say. The most sold EV’s now have about 500 kilometres of range depending on conditions. Is there chargers on the way?
300 miles of range under optimal conditions? I'd be lucky to get half that in the mountains of Colorado during a snowstorm with lights, wipers, electric heated mirrors, and heater running. Maybe if I don't turn on the radio?

300 miles of range under optimal conditions? I'd be lucky to get half that in the mountains of Colorado during a snowstorm with lights, wipers, electric heated mirrors, and heater running. Maybe if I don't turn on the radio?
You sound to me to be a critical thinker. Colorado You say? Maybe I will have to reconsider that state!

Yah for sure. I’m sure there will be areas that are better suited to gassers for a few years. Infrastructure takes time.

Doubt it unless they've put some along the Trans Canada highway that I haven't noticed. And I'd really rather not stop to charge on the way if I don't have to.

You sound to me to be a critical thinker. Colorado You say? Maybe I will have to reconsider that state!
I wish more people thought the same way.

Doubt it unless they've put some along the Trans Canada highway that I haven't noticed. And I'd really rather not stop to charge on the way if I don't have to.
The trans Canada is well serviced by DC fast chargers. We have pulled our trailer across the country twice with our EV SUV. What town is it near? I’ll take a quick look on the app.

Latest resources

Back