• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Diesel Prices Are Going Up Really Fast

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I use an app called ABRP which you can configure to optimize the trip. You can choose longer charge times and less stops but I wanted the quickest arrival time.

View attachment 12325

View attachment 12326
Thanks for the quick response. We have seen the ABRP but haven’t used it. From your image it seems to make you stop a lot. Consider trying the Tesla software in the car. You’ll probably stop a lot less. Although nothing wrong with getting out of the car a little more often. 😊

I know a lot of people towing trailers with their Teslas use ABRP. We might try that next week on our 6 province 11000 kilometre journey. But so far the trailer towing software seems fairly close although it’s typically out by 3 to 5 percent. We tend to stop every couple hours anyway so not a big deal. But we’ll give it a try.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers.

I use an app called ABRP which you can configure to optimize the trip. You can choose longer charge times and less stops but I wanted the quickest arrival time.
Sheridany! I did not know you had a Tesla? Am I the only one that doesn't have one?

That’s how we roll. Gas price be damned. 😊

Sorry. Couldn’t resist. I’ll see myself out. 😱
I don't think my Y will be able to tow my DP. 😱

Sheridany! I did not know you had a Tesla? Am I the only one that doesn't have one?
Actually, the DW will correct me every time and tell you it is HER Tesla. Once you get one, you may never order a gas-powered vehicle again as your everyday driver. Some day they will improve the battery ranges enough that we would actually see them being used in RVs and probably OTR trucks or other utility applications. That is probably a long way out, but certainly possible.

Actually, the DW will correct me every time and tell you it is HER Tesla. Once you get one, you may never order a gas-powered vehicle again as your everyday driver. Some day they will improve the battery ranges enough that we would actually see them being used in RVs and probably OTR trucks or other utility applications. That is probably a long way out, but certainly possible.
I just want them to solve flat towing. I'd love to bring mine along, though I won't complain having "had" to get a Wrangler. :D

back on topic before the forum 🚔 shows up. Prices increased again last week. :<

1652728055214.png

Actually, the DW will correct me every time and tell you it is HER Tesla. Once you get one, you may never order a gas-powered vehicle again as your everyday driver.
Oh believe me, I'm a fan. Been one for several years after my neighbor took me for a ride in his. Goodness, the torque! Just need to move some cars around and find a place to put one.

EDIT: The following video is NOT my neighbor, lol. :)

Some day they will improve the battery ranges enough that we would actually see them being used in RVs and probably OTR trucks or other utility applications. That is probably a long way out, but certainly possible.

Range is nothing to brag about but other than long haul, its already here. And one thing trucks can do is haul a load so theres no reason they can’t double or triple the battery size.

Range is nothing to brag about but other than long haul, its already here. And one thing trucks can do is haul a load so theres no reason they can’t double or triple the battery size.
Better yet I am wondering about the charging facilities and where. Will they replace the fuel islands at a Flying J as an example? Time is of essence so the charge rate will have be efficient. Likewise, do the charging business economics work that a national truck stop chain can substitute electricity for gasoline and still make the same or more revenue? That’s going to be an expensive conversion or not? It’s going to be interesting to watch.

Latest resources

Back