• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Diesel Prices Are Going Up Really Fast

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Putting some numbers, pen to paper, what will the difference in cost be for a trip assuming CG rates remain steady? Assuming 7 mpg for Diesel then a 1,000 mile trip will cost you around $450 more. Looking at it this way seems to sting a little less. By the way, I'll be the one driving 45 mph now so honk to say hi as you pass and be sure to show me that #1 sign that you love me.

As my financial advisor, also my son, stated yesterday, it is mostly emotional. His example was he spent an hour on a video phone call with a couple with separate accounts. When the husband spewed every doom and gloom headline and forecast there was no convincing him he should not cash out and put it in all cash. Then his wife began talking and Craig assured her she was in a good position especially since she had over $200,000 in cash. Her husband immediately said she was crazy having that much in cash and that she should be buying stocks. Craig with his hands in the air banged his head on his desk and the conversation ended with everyone laughing. Maybe there is a lot of emotion involved.

Another reason to love NY

Cheapest by me

7D61D11D-79F2-46C1-B384-EF605E2346A8.jpeg

Family Time Reaction GIF by Lifetime

It would be cheaper for me to forfeit the loss on the one CG as well. I'm supposed to go to the Oshkosh, WI AirVenture airshow at the end of July. I wonder how many cancellations that event will endure on the airplane side.

It's sad, we just endured a Pandemic and this is no different other than less are dying from this but mental health of many will be put to a test so this will have an impact sadly as well. Businesses struggled through the last crisis and now are put right back into the struggle again. This one is fixable...
Not fixable for at least two more years. Those people have no shame and could care less.

It is all a game. NJ last week reg. $4.399. NY $4.65, NY yesterday $4.799, Ohio today - same company as yesterday $4.399, diesel $5.49. Theyare playingwith our mindsand ourpocketbooks.

As my financial advisor, also my son, stated yesterday, it is mostly emotional. His example was he spent an hour on a video phone call with a couple with separate accounts. When the husband spewed every doom and gloom headline and forecast there was no convincing him he should not cash out and put it in all cash. Then his wife began talking and Craig assured her she was in a good position especially since she had over $200,000 in cash. Her husband immediately said she was crazy having that much in cash and that she should be buying stocks. Craig with his hands in the air banged his head on his desk and the conversation ended with everyone laughing. Maybe there is a lot of emotion involved.
Being retired, I check my 401k every day, maybe like a lot of you. It's been scary - my account is down $160k in the past 5 months, so emotions can get out of control. I realize that you only lose if you sell but ... While still working, I would just bury my head and continue throwing money at it, hoping to bolster the account during bad times (and good) and in the past that has worked. Even though I am invested in "safe" stuff, like CDs, annuities, low risk funds and cash, I have some leaks for sure. Fuel costs being what they are, makes emotions and anxiety worse :cry:

World War II
There are two sides, to some it's leisure use, to others it's their home. I hope it never comes to who is allowed to get diesel. It could, we are a very spoiled country that has never really had to deal with things like that.
It’s not about being a spoiled country, this is an “on purpose” intentionally created crises!
This absolutely does not need to be happening right now. Elections have consequences and stolen elections have catastrophic consequences!

Putting some numbers, pen to paper, what will the difference in cost be for a trip assuming CG rates remain steady? Assuming 7 mpg for Diesel then a 1,000 mile trip will cost you around $450 more. Looking at it this way seems to sting a little less. By the way, I'll be the one driving 45 mph now so honk to say hi as you pass and be sure to show me that #1 sign that you love me.
We are not much faster. Cruise set at 90 kmh when we tow. (I think that is about 55 mph…ish. And slower in the curvy mountains.

Latest resources

Back