• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Diesel vs Gas

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I've owned both Gas and Diesel. Pickups and Motor home class A's. Unless you do a lot of rving in the mountains or heavy towing I would go Gas. Diesel Is expensive, Parts & Labor. The diesel properly maintained will go 500,000 miles or more. Most motor homes are driven less than 40,000 miles before being traded off or sold. For me the Gas is a better less expensive deal and I do drive in the mountains of Utah. I just take my time and it takes a little longer in the mountains. I now own a 5th wheel with a Gas pickup. Way less expensive for me.

I've owned both Gas and Diesel. Pickups and Motor home class A's. Unless you do a lot of rving in the mountains or heavy towing I would go Gas. Diesel Is expensive, Parts & Labor. The diesel properly maintained will go 500,000 miles or more. Most motor homes are driven less than 40,000 miles before being traded off or sold. For me the Gas is a better less expensive deal and I do drive in the mountains of Utah. I just take my time and it takes a little longer in the mountains. I now own a 5th wheel with a Gas pickup. Way less expensive for me.
You look like you require less room than I do. I'd hate to have a gas motorhome in anything over 35 ft. I need more room than that.

You look like you require less room than I do. I'd hate to have a gas motorhome in anything over 35 ft. I need more room than that.
Don't need more room as we are retired and don't fulltime. I've had a 38 foot gas class A in the past for 8 years and never had a problem and put 36,000 miles on it traveling the USA that was 15 years ago. I've had 2 diesel pushers and 1 diesel Pickup and several gassers. The diesels were always much more expensive to maintain. They were nice for towing a toad and in the mountains. The pickup truck pulled a large 5th wheel trailer. Never had a problem with any of them.
Mel

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back